1957 Skagit 20 Express Hard Top

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Skagit 20 Express Hard Top

We just bought this from Tim. Lots of work ahead, the baby might be six before we are done.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the group. That's a great one to restore. You don't see many with the original hardtop. Have fun bringing her back to life.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Way to Go....

(You can ignore my posting up above, made before I read this one about how you purchased the boat from Tim.)

Funny that you mention your child might be six before the boat is done. A good friend of mine bought a project boat when his daughter was born, and named it Sweet Sixteen, after the boat's length and the fact that he planned to give it to the daughter on her 16th birthday. She's about 32 now, with kids, and the boat still isn't restored (!)

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 4013
        (You can ignore my posting up above, made before I read this one about how you purchased the boat from Tim.)

Funny that you mention your child might be six before the boat is done. A good friend of mine bought a project boat when his daughter was born, and named it Sweet Sixteen, after the boat's length and the fact that he planned to give it to the daughter on her 16th birthday. She's about 32 now, with kids, and the boat still isn't restored (!)

- Marty
        Ditto
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Great looking boat. My son is one of my biggest helpers now at 9 years old. Your family will have a blast with the restoration. Where is Rathburn located in Idaho? We will have two boats at Sandpoint for the show July 11-13. If you are anywhere close, stop by and say hi!
          BRIAN FRANCHINI
          LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Hey Tadd,
            Glad to see ya made it home with out any problems..Your boat already looks better..

Doing what I can to build up the eastside group

Comment

Work? Yes, a lot of it!. But when its done, it will be your pride and joy! Nice Holsclaw too.
              Good luck and get busy!

Bob

Comment

I can always say its that Tim guys fault. 1, he sold me the boat, 2 showed me his cool boats. I want a cool boat, my buddy has lots of cool old chevy trucks. Thanks everyone, looks like I will be heading to Seattle area next weekend if everything works out right(parts). Parts, Parts, I now have two old things that crave parts, the truck and the boat. I want to tell my wife that its cheaper than a new boat and truck. I always have been able to prove that my truck is not a toy, hauls stuff, moves people, gets firewood. The boat on the other hand might be different, so any ideas please. Remember if my wife asks, just like SGT Shultz,"I know nothing".

Comment

huh oh, do I hear some one else, sliding down that slippery slope....

Comment

1957 Skagit 20 Hardtop

Nice Skagit!
                    My favorite year and model! They are a project! Amazing how much time some of these repairs and restorations take. They used to call fiberglass boats "Tupper Ware". Anyone who has restored a fiberglass boat knows there is a lot of work in a fiberglass boat.

My oldest son ( in the orange watch cap) was 11 when I bought the Saratogan. He'll be 32 in a month and the Saratogan still isn't floating. SOON though!

Nice Skagit! Congratulations!

Tim Jones aka McSkagit
                    Attached Files
                    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
                    X