Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone,

Just a newbie here...hope to stay close to all! I'm Charisse!

Welcome Charisse

Welcome to the group.

If you have a boat, please add it to your Album.
    If your Looking for a boat, just ask

Seems as we have members all over that could help answer questions.

Enjoy
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

contact info miners...

Bar the door! The junk e-mail and telephone calls have begun

Comment

Originally posted by WorkRelease, post: 4164
        Bar the door! The junk e-mail and telephone calls have begun
        Greg, tell me were you seen the junk message ?

I have to look at every new user and OK them myself.
        I think I am going to get to the point were I won't let Anyone on unless they provide us with the proper information.
        Valid address and phone number to start with.

We do get Bots trying to log on and send messages but I see bogus information has been used, like town they live in is "test" or other bogus info, I just delete them without any return message stating so.

SO, if you or Anyone sees a bogus message before me, let me know.

Also, we have people that have not posted even a Hello since the day they signed up and we started this forum.
        I think I am going to start emailing them for a reply and if none, there accounts will be deleted. I HATE SPAM

Going to tighten this puppy up even more as I know the CA group (Golden State Glassics) have been hit with spammers.
        Have I told you how I HATE SPAM

Off to snooping the system.....
        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Cone of silence

Hi Joe, hate to add anything extra to your workload, I know that being the forum Admin can be a royal pain in the @$$-as Kelly Wood can attest.

It is great that we have the phone # requirement for confirmation of ID-with which I complied, my issue is that ANY member (some recent are questionable) has full access to my name and phone number, which seems to have been utilized in the last week for telemarketing purposes. The contact number given is my cell, which has been completely immune to these calls until recently, the number on my profile has now been edited so that some other poor sack will recieve calls for a new roof, and truck bedlining.

In regard to E-mail, we all agree that Spam sucks-and is inevitable. My contact is a low distribution e-mail, that has seen an increase in junk that is possibly related but easily filtered.

If you can hide our contact numbers from all but a select few, as has been done with street addresses, that would help immensely.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by WorkRelease, post: 4179
            Hi Joe, hate to add anything extra to your workload, I know that being the forum Admin can be a royal pain in the @$$-as Kelly Wood can attest.

It is great that we have the phone # requirement for confirmation of ID-with which I complied, my issue is that ANY member (some recent are questionable) has full access to my name and phone number, which seems to have been utilized in the last week for telemarketing purposes. The contact number given is my cell, which has been completely immune to these calls until recently, the number on my profile has now been edited so that some other poor sack will recieve calls for a new roof, and truck bedlining.

In regard to E-mail, we all agree that Spam sucks-and is inevitable. My contact is a low distribution e-mail, that has seen an increase in junk that is possibly related but easily filtered.

If you can hide our contact numbers from all but a select few, as has been done with street addresses, that would help immensely.

Greg
            Hi Greg
            I will go check but I am pretty sure you are Required to be a registered user to see your phone number...
            If I messed that up, I will sure fix it.
            I also think there is an option in your Control Panel that you can shut that information off too??
            Also, there is no way to go into the system as I know of and Harvest a full list.

I made some changes.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
            X