Before/After Skagit 25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before/After Skagit 25

Finally finished what I had been putting off for years: restored the woodwork on deck. Took two weeks of daily stripping, scraping, sanding, and finishing. Maybe next year I will do the cabin.
    Attached Files
    Robert Augur

That looks SO much nicer Robert.
    Nice job !!!
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Can't wait to see it

Robert, you and I had a phone conversation a few months back when I was hoping to get down to Portland to see your 25. Looks like we'll get a chance to see it next weekend, and we're really looking forward to it. The boat looks awesome.
      scottmcdade

Comment

Before and After...........!!

WOW! Looks great! Beautiful ribbon grain mahog ply! Nice job! Great to see these old boats coming back to life.

MCSkagit
        Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Originally posted by Scott McDade, post: 4507
          Robert, you and I had a phone conversation a few months back when I was hoping to get down to Portland to see your 25. Looks like we'll get a chance to see it next weekend, and we're really looking forward to it. The boat looks awesome.
          Hi Scott,

Do you still have my phone# ? Give me call mon/tues and we will schedule some time to meet.
          Robert Augur

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 4509
            WOW! Looks great! Beautiful ribbon grain mahog ply! Nice job! Great to see these old boats coming back to life.

MCSkagit

Thanks Tim, Looks like a previous owner put a dark stain over the existing varnish and covered the grain. I was pleasantly surprised to see the ribbon grain. My other surprise was to see that the rear piece w/access doors was cut from a single piece of ply.
            Robert Augur

Comment

Nice job, Robert...

What a difference...it looks beautiful, Robert.

Are you going to rendezvous with us next weekend during the Columbia River event? Even if you can't bring the 25 down, you can come aboard somebody else's boat for the day.

- Marty
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 4512
                What a difference...it looks beautiful, Robert.

Are you going to rendezvous with us next weekend during the Columbia River event? Even if you can't bring the 25 down, you can come aboard somebody else's boat for the day.

- Marty
                That sounds like a good idea, I just posted under "Columbia River Accomodations" to see if there is any passenger room available.
                Robert Augur

Comment

Working...
                X