Columbia River Countdown!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbia River Countdown!

This might be the final posting before Saturday's exploration of the lower Columbia River, focusing on Puget Island, Cathlamet, Skamokawa and a lot of fascinating back channels known to our intrepid river guide, Tom Horn of Portland.

The plan, again, is to launch between 10 and 10:30 a.m. Saturday at Elochoman Slough Marina in Cathlamet, about 45 minutes west of I-5. (Turn off at Kelso if you're coming from the north.) For those who like Mapqust or Google Maps, the marina's address is 500 Second Street, Cathlamet, WA 98612. Their phone number is (360) 795-3501, and here's the marina's website:

www.cathlametmarina.org

For those who'd like to launch Friday afternoon or evening on the high tide, you can tie your boat up overnight on C Dock. Just pick a spot.

The weather forecast is still very nice for the weekend, after this week's off-and-on cloudiness.

Please be sure to bring along a sack lunch and small anchor and line, since we'll probably have lunch on a sandy downstream beach on Puget Island. If you happen to arrive Friday afternoon by 5 p.m., there's a weekly Puget Island Farmer's Market that sounds pretty good, held from 3-6 pm each Friday at Stockhouse's Farm, 59 West Birnie Slough Road, Cathlamet 98612.

Finally, here's a list of folks who will be participating in our Columbia River Adventure. (Please let us know if you can make it...and you're not yet on the list...)

Tom Horn of Portland, our river guide

Marty and Mo

Chuck Carey

Joe and Amanda

Robert Auger

Scott and Fran McDade

Bruce Drake

Lowell and Gina

New members Allan Hesch and his partner, Amy, of Eugene (with their 1959 Dorsett San Juan, which they might be sleeping aboard in the marina Friday night).

Brian Flaherty...if shaft/strut/prop repairs are made in time.

This promises to be another nice event, and we hope you'll be able to join in the fun...

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Add us to the list!

Marty,
    My wife, Phyllis and I will be there with our Thompson. Looking forward to meeting up with the others.
    Scott Christianson

Comment

Scott....

Really glad to hear you'll make the meet, since it should be a good one.

Are you driving down early Saturday, or perhaps heading sound Friday evening?

See you Saturday a.m., in any case...

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Friday arrival

I've been getting my camper ready today and the plan is to leave tomorrow(Friday) AM. Launch and go see Puget Island farmers mkt as that sounds good to me-literally.
        I got my chart and found my lunch hook.
        See you there!
        Scott

Comment

Working...
        X