Nice to put faces with names in La Conner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to put faces with names in La Conner

I'm new to the website and new to the scene. A couple of months ago I bought a '58 Skagit 20 Offshore from John and Candi in Nordland. Then at the La Conner show I bought the Shell Lake 13 from Greg. I guess Chuck C. owned it before Greg.

My name is Zachary and I'm a firefighter/paramedic in Seattle. Kelly and I have three boys (9, 12, 15) who have spent some time on the water. We get to keep our boats on the buoy off Fox Island.

Oh yeah. We also have a 1968 Uniflite Express 27 for the longer trips. Although the endless growth of the boys is making for some tight quarters on board.

We have some projects planned this winter such as seating in the Skagit (two just wont cut it) and seating and maybe a floor in the Shell Lake. So I might be soliciting some advise in the future.
    Attached Files

Welcome Zach...

Sorry I didn't actually get to say hi at La Conner...I'm over in West Seattle if you ever want to see a few boats "in progress"...always something going on...

You'll like the group...as a relative newcomer myself I found the people here friendly and free with their advice...lots of old pros with years of experience to draw on...

gee a built in 3 man crew...lucky you ;-p Get those guys trained up right and that project list will disappear in no time......

enjoy...Ric
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Hi Zachary , It was nice meeting you at the LaConner boat show. Marty Loken own the Shell boat ( for about 2-3 years ) just before me. Sometime's they are own by quite a few of the members. I would contact Thom Adams in Shelton ( being you are not all that far away ) about a motor for the boat. His e-mail is frankenmerc@comcast.net As you might see he deals in Merc motors. Very nice person. Btw which side of Fox island do you live on. My sister in law lives across from the Fox Island bridge. Best,Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I'm already getting lots of advise. Thanks to all. Here are a few more pics of the fleet and family (when they were a bit smaller)

Would you consider the Uniflite trailerable?
        Attached Files

Comment

You have a very nice fleet ! Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
          X