Mason Lake--We're On!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason Lake--We're On!

I talked yesterday to Jim Giese, who each year arranges for our free use of Sunny Slope Park, the wonderful and privately owned facility on Mason Lake, and we're officially "on" for Saturday, September 26. (The tradition is that we get complementary use of the waterfront park on the last day of their season; the very next day, the gates are locked until Spring.)

Sunny Slope Park is the perfect place for a classic-boat gathering, with launch ramp, trailer parking, nice restrooms, trees galore, grass right down to the water's edge, picnic tables, shelter, docks and a soft beach to pull boats up on.

Mason Lake is southwest of Bremerton; the best way to get there is to drive to Gorst (at the end of Sinclair Inlet), then head for Belfair. After passing through Belfair, head for Allyn, then drive toward Grapeview. You'll be turning off to the right before you get that far, following signs directing you to Mason Lake. (We'll post more specific directions as we get closer to the event.)

This year we should be joined by a greater number of classic wooden runabouts, since a bigger effort is being made to invite members of ACBS (Antique & Classic Boat Society) to attend.

We'll gather at Mason Lake starting around 10 a.m. If members want to do a regular potluck this year, rather than just sack lunches, that would be great, but perhaps someone else can take charge of the potluck...(?)

Mason Lake is our last official on-the-water event of the year, so attendance is usually excellent, regardless of the weather. We hope you'll be able to make it!

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Attending

My wife and I would like to attend as well as a friend of mine who has a nice SeaFair. However, neither of us are members of the club yet! How do we go about securing our membership/attendance prior to the meet?

Thanks!
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Marty is making the Year End deals right now.:eek:

You need to at least print this and submit it to him.

http://www.classicboatclub.com/MemApp.html
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

What do you say Marty? What does a one event membership go for these days?
        John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 6419
          What do you say Marty? What does a one event membership go for these days?
          Not sure we can do that due to the insurance. I know we can Add you to the policy...
          Maybe an Year End deal ??
          Marty ??
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Mason Lake

We've been talking about this recently, and there is no clear policy on whether non-paid members can attend club on-the-water events. Generally, in the past, we've required Paid Membership only for certain events like the Opening Day Parade, etc., where from a liability perspective the club is exposed to a greater variety of potential hazards (mostly from other boaters--not from within our own membership).

I'd say that anyone interested in classic boats is warmly invited to bring their craft to Mason Lake. After all, we're encouraging members of ACBS to join us at the lake, and many of them are not members of NWCBC.

Just my opinion...I'm sure that once we have our new Commodores and other officers and board members installed we'll clarify such rules, but for now please consider yourself invited to Mason Lake, paid or not!

- Marty
            http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Nice! Thats what I call open arms!

Expect to see the "Jammy Dodger" and the "Sherrie Anne" there on the 26th!
              John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Working...
              X