Hello , I'm New.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello , I'm New.

I just recently "aquired" a boat not sure what it is, and neither is the guy I got it from. Heres a picture, The Family and I are going to be using her as a winter project.

Welcome to the group, Tom. That looks like a great boat. The cabin top looks like it may have some "modifications", but the rest looks to be in good shape. Is it a plywood hull? We are just getting set up to tear into a 1957 Tollycraft cabin cruiser. It has a plywood hull that has seen better days, so we will be removing the side and transom to replace with new wood along with what ever else pops up along the way. Keep us posted on your progress.
    Attached Files
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Brian, I see you have not been able to rearange your back yard yet ? That will be a nice boat again ! Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Welcome Tom.
        I am sure some of the boys will be able to give you a idea on what she is.
        Some of those older wood boats were kits too.
        That one sure looks sweet.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome, from what I have been able to tell she is plywood and fiberglass, she has been setting for a good 20 +years but still hold water, she seems very solid considering the state we found her in. I have yet to find any clue as to year or make. This is my first boat restore, and I am sure that I will have many questions, the price was right and the whole family wants to help get her back into the water.

Comment

Working...
          X