New Years Cruise Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Cruise Video

Nothing special, and this only covers a fragment of what happened today, but here's some misc. footage from the New Years Cruise on the Lake Washington Ship Canal in Seattle:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdWfSxxHN0s"]YouTube- New Years Cruise 2010 - Northwest Classic Boat Club[/ame]

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Great video Marty and nice editing! It will be nice having a video library of all 2010 events.

Let's try and get more videos in the spring everyone!
    Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Video

Mark -

I was in a hurry last night so just used the FlipShare software that automatically loads when you plug in the Flip camcorder. First time I've used the editing feature--but the interesting thing is that the software doesn't appear to allow custom cutting of individual clips....it just selects what seems like a random segment from each clip, pastes the whole thing together, allows you to add music, and takes it from there. So, in other words, you don't seem to actually have control over the editing process. (Of course, I could be wrong since I'm just starting to play with the camcorder.)

The real deal will be when I can learn to use i-Movie on the Mac. That'll allow for more creative control of editing, fades, music, sound, etc etc.

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Well however you did it... it looks good.

If anyone ever needs assistance editing raw video footage on a PC I'm happy to help. The built in "movie maker" thats included with Windows has every feature needed to put together a good video. I'm pretty familiar with it so it doesn't take much of my time to do it. Or, I'm happy to walk anyone through how to use the software over the phone if they want to try themselves.

Marty, you can be our Mac expert once you figure out the software...
        Mark
        Silverdale, WA.
        1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Video Editing Software

Hey Mark,
          I'll take you up on the advice on video editing software MovieMaker. My sister gave me an Ipod Nano for Christmas. It has a built in video camera. I have Movie Maker and a Youtube account. How do I get started?

Today I made two movies of the first start of my 67 Pontiac GTO engine. Cool little video complete with sound. WOuld like to post it but don't know how....?

I'll make the Skagit 31 video once I know what I'm doing.. Could be a couple years!!

Thanks in advance....
          McSkagit
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

No problem Tim. Are you able to get the raw video from your camera onto your computer?

Lets set up a time where we can both be in front of our computers on the phone. Thursday evening works for me if you can swing it. I'll send you a PM with my phone #.
            Mark
            Silverdale, WA.
            1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Getting ahead of myself...

I guess I should make sure your video from the Ipod will work on the Windows based Moviemaker first. I assume it is in AVI or MP4 format from the Ipod. Let me check into it.

Does the video need editing or have you done it already with the Ipod? Sounds like you've done a little already with your cameras built in features. If all you need is to upload to youtube and post to the forum thats eaaasy. We can get you fixed up no sweat...
              Mark
              Silverdale, WA.
              1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Tim, you have a PM.
                Mark
                Silverdale, WA.
                1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Working...
                X