Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy in Portland here

Hello all,
    My name is Josh, getting back in the boating game via my Dad's influence. Thanks Dad now I cant think of anything but my boat. I picked up my new to me boat last year and have been trying to figure out what she is. Title says 1959 unknown. She has a 1964 Merc. 500 on her, and would love to get it going ASAP. I am not to familar with outboards so any help in the right direction woulp be great. Going to try and attach some pictures, mabey someone knows what she is. Last registerd in WA, mabey someone has seen her before?

Thank you for your time,
    Josh

Hi Josh,
    You came to the right place. There are people in this club that seem to know every boat built in the 40s, 50s, 60s. Get those pic attached and someone will almost surely identify her. Lots of ourboard experts here, too.
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Hi and Welcome Josh.

I to am from the Portland area (Sandy Or)..
      Best thing is to post some pictures of your find with one of your messages and I am sure everyone will take a good "look see" to help you find out what and who made her.

We have some folks here on the forum that are pretty darned knowledgeable about old boats....

Pictures pictures
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I am trying to figure out how to resize the pictures to post them. Not too good with computers...

Comment

Hi Josh

Welcome!! Were glad that you found us and hope you stay awhile. Like Jerry and Joe said, with some pics you gotta good chance of someone here identifying it. Hope we see you back soon!!

Comment

Welcome Josh

Welcome to the club. There actually are some members living in Portland and past events here as well. Hope you can join in here and in Puget Sound events. If you see a blue Skagit 20 offshore on the Columbia it is probably me. Bruce in north Portland.
            Bruce H. Drake
            1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
            1957 Norseman 19' woodie
            1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
            1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Image resizer for Windows XP

Originally posted by Josh, post: 8737
              I am trying to figure out how to resize the pictures to post them. Not too good with computers...
              You didn't say what computer and operating system you're using, but if it happens to be Windows XP Microsoft has a free "power toy" download available for re-sizing your pictures. Go to:

http://tinyurl.com/553fw6

and look for "image resizer".

By the way, I'm in Salem but I get to Portland all the time. Just yell if you need help with your computer, I'm a Tech.

The Cap'n
              "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Hey Josh, Capn' Jack,

Welcome, look forward to seeing you get that boat going. Had no idea we had so many Portlanders here.

Brian
                '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Thanks for the info Cap'n Jack, I am going to try it tonight after band practice. The kids and I are really exited to have found this comunity.

Josh

Comment

Hey Josh,

Welcome, glad you found us. Don't be shy about asking for help with resizing or posting photos, lots of knowledge and folks willing to help here. Also, be sure to check out the "Forum User Tips" forum, Mark Denis has posted some good instructions there.

We love to hear what new users need help with or are confused about, then we can write new "how-tos" that help the next guy.

Hope to see you this summer.

Enjoy!

Tim

Comment

Working...
                    X