Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi everyone, my name is Trapper L Brandenburger. Yes, that is my real name. My mom was a mash fan. Some of the elder members of the forum will get that.

Anyway, I am 29 year old Marine Corps Vet of Afghanistan, married with one 18 month old and another on the way. I am a full time student at EVCC, working to get a BA in Criminal Justice. My wife and I are home owners in North Everett.

I bought this boat for $500 dollars worth of labor roofing my neighbor's house. I am excited to get started on my restoration and get her out on the water this summer.
    Attached Files

Hi Trapper,
    Welcome to the club! Looks like you got a pretty good deal on the boat. Lots of members with lots of restoration experience here and they are willing to share. Hope to see you at some of the events this summer. Lots of luck with your studies. I'm all for getting some justice on those criminals. (My dad was a federal prison guard and he said he never met a prisoner who wasn't innocent of whatever he was in for!)
    Jerry
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Hot Lips...

...would be a great name for a red boat.

Hey Trapper,

Thank you for your service, we need some more young guys around to help keep these "experienced boaters" out of trouble.

Before you spend too much time on resto, get that old girl running;if possible, and take it for a spin...nothing motivates better!----

With a growing family, "Trapper" time will be at a premium, this group would love to see your floating project at an event very soon.

Comment

Hahaha! Hot lips! I like it. Another Mash reference, love it.

I can't decide if I will keep it red or I was thinking dark blue with an off white.

My goal rite now is to restore the inside and I really need to rewire because its a rats nest. The motor runs good. It cranked right up when I got it. I will also need to put on a new bottom coat. As for the top paint I think I will try to remove the oxidation and just polish it up a little. There are some spiderweb cracks in the gelcoat that I need to address before they get worse.

I am looking forward to bring my family along on an event. I think that would be lots of fun!

Comment

Trapper, Welcome to NWCBC group. Ask away as there are a lot of people that will help you with any question you may have. And yes, thank you also for your service ! Best,Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Welcome Trapper, I used to have a boss I always called "Frank". He never got it, which partially explains the reference. The rest would be obvious if you met him. My wife is an admin at MS and they all call her Radar. Your mom is not the only one infected with the MASH virus.
            Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
            Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Love your boat

Welcome aboard, Im down on 2200 block on East Grand. Would love to take a look at your boat. I would leave it red. Red and white really pops. have fun. John
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X