Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alder Lake Treasure Hunt

Ahoy Treasure Hunters!!!

The time approaches for the Second Annual Alder Lake Treasure Hunt and Potluck. We had so much fun last year that we are really looking forward to this years event! This years treasure has turned out to be quite unique, if your lucky enough to find it that is.
    On June 27Th we will once again converge on Alder Lake which is near the towns of Eatonville and Elbe, right off of Highway 7 near Mount Rainer. Alder lake has a very nice campground with full hook-ups, tenting, restrooms and a beautiful day-use area with moorage which we will be using. The campground is owned by Tacoma Power Parks. On the Alder Lake website you will find all the information you need to make a reservation, boat launching, directions including GPS coordinates and more. Last year we had a number of members stay at the park and from our understanding were pleased.The boat launch is free even if your just there for the day! The website link is:http://www.ci.tacoma.wa.us/power/par..._lake_park.htm
    If staying in a campground is not your idea of a good time then there is a nice motel in the town of Eatonville just 9 miles away. Whether you come for the day or for the weekend this event will not disappoint. Hey who knows maybe we will make it two days if enough members would like to?
    The event will be similar to last years with a brief meeting in the morning explaining the how and where and then off to treasure hunting. The treasure hunt will take you on a very nice trip around Alder lake and for those able to figure out the clues a treasure awaits. This is a family event with a pot-luck lunch afterwards. If it is anything like last years we are all in for a nice treat.(Jack, I hope your ribs will be attending?)
    So as summer approaches and you are deciding on which events to attend make sure that the Alder Lake Treasure Hunt is one you do not miss!! I know it is a bit early but if you could respond with whether or not you may attend it would be a big help. Just so we can make sure there is enough treasure for all. If you did attend last years event perhaps you could also let those members know who didn't what they missed.
    More info in the coming weeks so keep a weather eye on the horizon!!!
    Attached Files

Joe, Becky and I will be attending for sure. We will be there for Saturday only. We had great time last year. The treasure hunt was fun, the food was great. Thanks to you and Amanda for organizing the event. See you in June, if not before.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Treasure Hunt

Joe and Amanda -

You two did a fantastic job of organizing the event last year, and Alder Lake is really a beautiful spot, so we'll be back for sure.

Here are a few shots from last year's Treasure Hunt...

- Marty and Mo
      Attached Files
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Just stumbled across the Treasure Hunt. It looks like it was a great time last year, count Rick and I in! Don't know if we will be camping or not, Rick likes to say my idea of roughing it is 3 stars instead of 4! But hey, life is about new experiences! As my mother always said, "Try something new and live an extra 100 days". Who'd of thunk Rick would have ever talked me into buying one boat, now I'm encouraging the mini boat farm! Rick likes the idea of the ribs and wants to know if we can pitch in some $ for the ribs and bring extra sides. Uh oh, Rick is cringing at the wife on the message board, sorry guys!:eek: Sarah
        Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Our race schedule skips over this weekend this year! Hooray, we will be there! I may even try and convince the entire family to go. Some of you may think that I am a single Dad for Cole, but Stacy (my wife) and daughter Keely would love this event as well. This also is pretty close to a finish date for the Rumpas, so maybe my Dad can make it as well for a shake down run.
          BRIAN FRANCHINI
          LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

The ribs, The ribs, where did I put those ribs?

We'll work something out. I have a big ole Texas beef brisket I have to cook for something or other. After last years great time we might get a big enough crowd to make it disapear.

If not I think the pork industry would appreciate an infusion of capital.
            Attached Files
            Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
            Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Alder Lake Event

This year, I will be there with the Skimaster.
              We might be able to have our oldest Son and his girl with us too.

Looking forward to this event too.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Sounds like a blast! We'll be there with our 5, oops soon to be 6 year old.

I showed him some of the pics from last year and he wants to know WHAT was in that treasure chest....

Since then there have been about 30 questions about the treasure chest size, shape, contents, location, decorative details, more questions about contents, weight, width, height, more questions about contents and so on and so on

Comment

Alder Lake

My goal is to have the '55 Lady Clipper express functional (not fully restored) by Alder Lake...one of the best events on our calendar. I'm pecking away on it after-hours, as time allows, trying to at least get some paint on the hullsides and deck, and varnish on the mahogany cabinsides, cockpit coaming and wood windshield frame.

(At the moment, except for the soon-to-be-usable Lady Clipper, I don't have a trailer boat that's ready to run--just the Luhrs inboard, which might be difficult to get up the river to Alder Lake.)

We're planning to run the Luhrs into the San Juans from here for the June 6 launch of Tim Jones' 31-foot Skagit, but Alder Lake will be the next event we can make that involves trailering.

- Marty and Mo
                  Attached Files
                  http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Alder Lake event

Joe and Amanda-

We are sooo disappointed. Saturday the 27th is our grandsons first birthday and relatives are coming to Whidbey from out of state to attend so it looks like we will miss it again!

If it were extended to a two day event we would be there on Sunday for sure.
                    Kent & Diane
                    '58 Westerner

Comment

I will be there for sure and maybe with Sheila if she can get off work on Sat. Best,Chuck
                      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Much as we would like to be there it is looking iffy at this point. The Princess had emergency surgery last Thursday and will be down for the count for some time.

Hopefully she will have a bad case of cabin fever by then but we will have to play it by ear.

I would be happy to do up some Que for the occasion but someone else may have to pick it up and take it down to Alder Lake.
                        Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                        Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Jack,
                          Sorry to hear about the surgery. Hopefully all is well. If you can't make it to Alder we will absolutely understand but you will be missed! As far as those world famous ribs go I am sure something can be arranged. I know I would crawl up to your place on my hands and knees for some but then I am a BBQ fanatic.OK so including classic boats I am also addicted to smoked meat(especially pork fat!!) There I said it!

Comment

We too are bummed that we can't make it this year. We camped there last year and had a wonderful weekend. The treasure hunt is a great outing and I encourage everyone to try and make it. We will be in Montana for our yearly camping on the Clark Fork river. Darn scheduling conflicts!
                            Attached Files
                            Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Gordon and Cheryl,
                              Sorry to hear that you two won't be able to attend. Especially since we have a whole new challenging hunt and a bigger and better treasure. We enjoyed having you there last year but we understand scheduling conflicts. Look forward to seeing you at the poker run.

Comment

Working...
                              X