1957 Bell Boy Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ross:
    It is just gorgeous in the pictures. Do you think that a careful and patient roll and tip application of Interlux Perfection after sanding off the current Pettit down to the gelcoat and priming with Interlux Primkote will give me THAT kind of gloss? Or, should I prep the boat and let my sprayer at Canandaigua Lake shoot the color coats with Nason (which he has experience with and prefers for gel coat painting??)

Thanks,

bob

Comment

Bob, I have seen some fine examples of roll and tip paint jobs, but I am a spray paint guy all the way. - Ross
      Ross Henson

Comment

Bob there are some pictures from the 2009 Mason Lake event of my cousin’s red and white Fleet Form with us riding it. I t was rolled and tipped. It turned out beautiful and there is not a visible brush stroke on it.

I have grown up around the flat bottom fiberglass boats and yes I know they do not handle that well in rough water. I have a couple of 650 motors lying around as backups if my 1100 does not work out but I think it will be just fine. The transom is new and beefed up so I don’t think it will be a problem. The boat I ran the most as a kid was a 1959 Fiberform 14' that my uncle and grandpa assembled at the Fiberform factory in Spokane and used at our family place on Deer Lake. That boat was a runner until a few years ago when the transom started to sag a little. I am thinking if I can get my hands on it that will be my next project. I am told by my mom that was the fastest boat on the lake for many years with a 40 hp Johnson. She would race anyone she could find.
        Dave Wickline
        1967 Jeepster Convertible
        1957 Bell Boy 16' Convertible

Comment

Working...
        X