New Boat Owner(restoration project)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost Done!

Engine is on, steering cable is hooked up, and the wiring is completed but not tested, because I have no battery yet, but it looks right.

Next step is the 'ol engine in a garbage can test. I haven't done anything to the engine yet. Wanted to try to cold start it first just to see if it works. Any warnings or tips I should know before hand?

Also my tanks are 6 gallon tanks. Can some one help me with the math on proper gas : oil ratio. I believe this engine requires a 50:1. I have concluded that its 15.36 oz. of oil to 6 gallons of gas. Is this correct and if so is it alright to round it up to a pint per tank or should it be exact? Also do I have to take into account the extra pint of oil in the gas tank as far as volume is concerned or has that been considered when they made the tank?

Looking forward to your responses!

Andrew

Comment

Andrew, Here you go. Just go by the chart on the bottle for how much oil to add to the amount of gals and look at the scale on the side to see how much you are pouring as you go. Chuck
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Oh good, From the bottle it appears I was right about the pint per 6 gallon tank ratio. That makes it Easy!

Comment

Working...
        X