Stringer,trasoms and floors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stringer,trasoms and floors

I really need some expierence, had a soft floor on a '84 Arrowglass 21' small forward deck open boat. So far I have cut out most of the floor,pulled out all of the stringers and remade new out of 3/4" marine ply, they fit snug into the fibreglass beds.
    I should of investigated better ealier but now have found the lower 4" of the trasom to be rotted.
    Pulled the 6 cyl I/O Merc out and now definatly don't know what to do.
    Can a trasom be pieced back together?
    1&3/4 thick with the inside and outside glass.
    At first I thought I might take out the interior glass with a die ginder and somehow cut and remove the wood
    Now that I have the trasom striped of the mechanical I am wondering if piecing just the lower portion is posible?
    I love doing this stuff but I really need some help.
    I stopped working on this boat to find a boat I could use to fish in Monterey bay with out so much of a project and my wife and daughter and I fell in love with a '63 18' Glasspar seafair sedan. I thought I checked it out well,With my "rose colored glasses" again. Now I think the sedan has had it's floor done but maybe with out replacing stringers the full length, maybe just the floor outside the cabin. I've found a small crack just below water line near the intersec of the cabin!
    For now I have set the Glasspar aside and am trying to finish the Arrowglass.
    I wish I had found you guys before I went boat hunting.
    The guy I got the glasspar from said he had pictures from a previous owner as he redid the floor, I have not recieved them yet.
    I would appreciate advice on trasom repair, how to secure stringers etc, etc.
    Thanks for any help Paul

My own reply

I just read other postings and found " transom help" Wow, lots of help
    I gotta sleep on this one.

Comment

Working...
    X