Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full day free fiberglass seminar at Fiberlay...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full day free fiberglass seminar at Fiberlay...

(This posting has been cleared by the Emperor Penguin err Tim McCrain ;-)

As some of you know I've been working with the folks at Fiberlay to create an all day seminar on basic fiberglassing and newer composite techniques as they relate to our old boats...

They've agreed to host a hands on class for a LIMITED number of boaters on an upcoming Saturday in the beginning of November and there are a few spots left...

We'll be providing a wrecked/damaged small boat (probably something Tim tried to park with those dockbusters ;-) and go through stringer, transom, hole patching techniques/materials and hopefully get to try some new materials and gel coat too if we have the time...should be a fun, dirty and educational day...

Nominal cost for coffee / snacks / drinks / sit down lunch is all probably around $10-15 ...they are graciously providing the space, materials, instructors etc...

Please contact me offline to express your interest/desire to play and learn at ric at ricphoto.com ...if there are more responses than spots I'll toss all the names in a hat and let people know by the end of this weekend.

Thanks...Ric
    '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
    '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
    '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

From coolantartica.com:

"Emperor penguins have the upright and regal bearing that their name suggests. They take the dinner-jacketed formality of all penguins to its highest level and though they are able to be as awkward, gawky and get as dirty as other penguins, when they shake it all off and stand up to regain their dignity, there are few if any more stately and elegant animals on earth."

Thank you Ric, it's nice to know someone cares and isn't afraid to show it.

VeryBigSmile

Comment

easier than assembling an Ikea bookcase??

Thanks for putting this fiberglass primer together Ric. I have been working with composites for many years, and loved clients that thought this "Space Age" material required years of training and tremendous skill to achieve acceptable results.

Repairing or rebuilding your classic with polyester or epoxy resins and some fiberglass is a straightforward process that will leave you itching for more...you may even have to make a visit to the new Commodore's ever expanding boatyard to scope out your next project.

The folks @ Fiberlay should be able to convey a guru's knowledge to all that attend, keeping you cranking on your ride for Opening Day.

Comment

ric interested your e mail did not work for me call me mark 206-786-0164

Comment

Originally posted by sparks, post: 14186
          ric interested your e mail did not work for me call me mark 206-786-0164
          Mark, if you replace the "at" in ric's email address with @ it will work just fine. He may be too busy to call folks individually about the class.

Tim

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 14189
            Mark, if you replace the "at" in ric's email address with @ it will work just fine. He may be too busy to call folks individually about the class.

Tim
            tim thank you that seem to work i,ll wait for a respond

Comment

Wow...what an opportunity. I'd be there if only for the geographical issues; me being down in SoCal....

I wonder if things could be video-taped and posted on you-tube?

Chuck in Santa Barbara
              1957 Cadillac w/1947 Scott-Atwater 473
              1965 Alpex w/1964 West-Bend 45
              1977 Thunderbird w/85HP Merc
              1964 Montgomery-Ward W/1978 Johnson 15

Comment

Sorry for the delay...there was a few date conflicts that we had to work out

I'll be meeting with the fiberlay people today and posting the final date/time/place tonight to those who made it in...

Thanks...Ric

seakaye: we probably won't be filming and posting the class...there would be too many copyright/ownership issues to deal with...

Alaska/Horizon and United all fly here from SB...I used to do it all the time when I went to Brooks way back when...
                '59 19' Glasspar Club Mariner (for sale)
                '63 17' OMC Deluxe (My current lust boat)
                '65 16' Evinrude Sweet 16 (for sale)

Comment

Ric, thanks for putting this together and inviting us!

Comment

Working...
                  X