Wind screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind screen

I have been scratching my head about a wind shield for my Sportsman project. I mentioned this to Chuck C. the other day when I was by his house picking up some parts, and sneaking a peek at his cool Skagit 20. He had in his possession, a wind screen off some other project that he donated to me.
    I got um home cleaned up the brackets and painted them up. Really changed the look of things. I think I like it, sort of a retro look. Planning on painting the rest of the deck and seats the same color as the wheel and brackets, as time allows. Also, Thanks Marty for the seal that goes between the glass and bow! - Ross
    Attached Files
    Ross Henson

Ross, Glad they worked out for you. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Just About.....

there. Week 10... The Skagit is just about done except for just a few items. I was thinking about waiting till next spring to paint the bottom and put on the water line hull stripe, but if the weather holds out a little bit longer, i just might try do it now if the temps stays up in the mid 50's as it's not bad working in the shelter being it is dry in there. Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

hot rod...

Ross- That vintage set-up looks great and gives your new ride some real character!

Comment

more work

Thanks Slo, it does look a little different than the original but thats ok with me! Got to looking at the stern end, and figured it could use my attention next. Seems that someone (me) had cut a hole in the middle of things in an ill conceived attempt at access to a spot I couldn't reach. Soo, had to epoxy a lip under then fit a plywood plug in the hole. I stuffed the edges with thickened epoxy then built it up with cloth to fair it up to the rest of the well. I also smoothed out the out side of the transom and primed everything up. Gotta add a couple of drain tubes yet.
          I think I'll paint the outside of the transom aqua, like the wheel and brackets, and also some down the sides. Seems like this project is taking a long time,I think I name her "Spare Time"
          Attached Files
          Ross Henson

Comment

Working...
          X