My first project (Bryant)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks fin and everyone,

With the weather lately I have not been out.. Last time I took her out on Duck lake was about 1 1/2 months ago.. Looking forward to getting her in the water again and also do a little traveling with her..

Fin, Your right.... Duck Lake is a great lake to float around on.. I really enjoy traveling down the canals. They say there is 26 miles of canals. you can easly spend good 4 -5 hrs on it.. and actually the lake has good fishing if you know how to fish it.. Few years ago we would spend many evening out there in the canals catching and releasing some large bass. If you fish the middle of the Grand Canal ... There are some nice trout..

:BigHappy1:

Comment

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

Nice resto!! :cool1:All original and local to boot! Great job and thanks for sharing!
      Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Most people don't remember how the Ocean Shores development was supposed to look and function because it never really took off the way the original developers envisioned. The extensive fresh water lake and canal systems all connected at the end of Browns Point Drive where the motel and marina are located. There was a mechanical cradle that would lift your boat and move it over the road into the Ocean. The idea was you could have a cabin with your sport fisher tied to a dock with the ability to go out fishing during the day and return to the safety of your dock each night. There is still the remains of the rusty cradle by the marina and most of the canals have grown over with milfoil and other growth. Still a very cool place to cruise around with multiple docks and launches around the lake.

Mike, I will look forward to Spring and set a time we can cruise around the Lake with our own mini boat show!
        BRIAN FRANCHINI
        LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Sounds good Fin, Let me know if you are in town. Ocean Shores is great place live.. The only down side of Duck Lake is that it gets windy at times..

I wish the Indians would of done something with the Marina.. It would be pretty neat if they would of been able to do that connection. Alot of the maps around here still show that the lake and marina is connected.

:Cold1:

Comment

I have not had much $ lately to finish up on my boat restoration. But with the sunshine coming out and very little wind on Duck Lake, I had to take the boat out for couple hours..

Comment

Bryant

Outstanding! How fortunate for you that the boat was in such good original shape and for all that you chose to restore and keep it original. I have never seen one with the painted Bryant flag still in place. That is a time-capsule treasure!

I'm looking forward to seeing it in person some day.

Thank you!

Dick Dow

Comment

well its been awhile since I have posted on here.. I had to work on some other projects but thought I would give an update on what I have been doing on the Bryant. I have started working on the trailer. took it apart and started painting the trailer.

:Scared2:

Comment

Just an update on the boat project. stepped away from it for awhile to get some other things done. I'm back at it again, wanted to get working on the trailer.. I started couple weeks ago taking it apart and sanding it down and paint. I am just about done. waiting on few parts those should be here tomorrow.

Comment

Trailer has been completed..

VeryBigSmile

Comment

Great color combo on the trailer! Goes well with the Bryant - nice work! Congratulations!

Comment

Looks nice!

That's sure a classy boat, love the lines.

Tim

Comment

Isn't that great, just like a new pair of shoes that fit well.

Good looking and very good job
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen
                          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Bryant Project

Looks beautiful ! My father had one of these before getting a 16 bellboy. We Water skied a lot with it!!

Comment

Thanks Everyone. now to get her registered. I need to take her down to Washington State Patrol for inspections. It's been so long... There is no records on it or the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X