Light for Sale?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light for Sale?

Hi! Does anybody have one of these lights they would like to part with? Mine has a small broken piece, (the underside rear mounting hole inside the pennant receiver) that maybe could be repaired, but if I could get a whole one that would be better. Let me know what you want for it.

I've upgraded the lighting to a new high output led, that hides inside this light, and I'm going to retrofit an am/fm antenna mount into the pennant receiver, then send it out for chrome restoration. When it is done, it will be all chrome, and have just a little threaded nub that protrudes from the pennant receiver, that I can then screw on the metal antenna, and fly the Glasspar burgee from the antenna. Yes I'll post photos, and part numbers when I'm done...

Also does anybody have a resource for, or know how to fabricate new 'old style' lenses for lights like these?

Thanks, Sean.
    Attached Files
    :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
    (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
    1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

E-bay - boat parts

Didn't notice if it had the hole for the burgee ?? Just search " Bow lights" under MOTORS- Boat parts and they have a ton of them - Good luck

VINTAGE HEAVY DUTY BOW LIGHT BI-COLOR- FLUSH MOUNT

Zoom
    Enlarge

Sell one like this
    Item condition: Used
    Price: US $29.00 Buy It NowBuy It Now
    Add to Watch list
    Returns:
    3 day money back, buyer pays return shipping | Read return policy details
    Shipping: $13.12 Expedited Shipping
    See more services
    | See all shipping details
    Estimated delivery within 3-4 business days.

eBay will cover your purchase price plus original shipping.
    Learn more about eBay Buyer Protection - opens in a new window or tab

Seller info
    Member id marinerep35c2 ( Feedback Score Of 432)
    100% Positive feedback
    Ask a question
    Save this seller
    See other items from this seller
    Visit store: marinerep35c2
    Other item info

Item number: 200630374005
    Item location: Gravois Mills, MO, United States
    Ships to: Worldwide See shipping location exclusions
    Payments:
    PayPal See payment information
    Share: this item |Print this item - opens in a new window or tab|Rep
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Rick & Sarah, Thanks alot, I bought that one on ebay.

I'm modifing the interior of the light, so where the rear female receiver is, which collected salt and corrosion, and all sorts of garbage on my original one, will be replaced with a s/s bolt that projects out the top. I've modified some nuts to fit into the female reciever, and will tap two set screws, and epoxy them into the reciever. Then the bolt and light get rechromed. I can then hook up the antenna on the interior, and on the outside there is just some projecting male threads of the chromed s/s bolt. This will allow me to screw down the antenna arial, with an o-ring separator. I can fly a burgee from the antenna.

Since the actuall light is now a modified LED light, and a completely separate unit, the original light that I'll have rechromed is effectively a lampshade only, and antenna only. The antenna arial is going to be a marine antenna from west marine, I just screw off the base and screw it onto the post.

I'm nowhere close to done, but I'll post photos and part numbers when I am...
      :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
      (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
      1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Comment

Glad it worked out.

I see that style alot on E-bay that is the same light that was on a bunch of the smaller Dorsett's - Catalina Etc. E-bay is an everyday part of my routine. Sounds like you have a plan in place so keep us up to date with pictures . This is a good place to list needed parts because if we don't have them we know where most of them are ? :Skipper1:
        Attached Files
        Rick & Sarah

Comment

two more lights

Two more of those lights are listed today - one has the hole in the top for the burgee pole I always go to E-bay then click motors then click boat parts then when I get to the main page search "Vintage" under boat parts then "Newly listed"

Good luck
          Rick & Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X