Bloopers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloopers

i know everyone like to look at and show all the great things they have done to their boats, but you had to have made some oops along the way!

like to start a "bloopers" thread just let other people know that it is ok to make mistakes!

Like the other day when is was inside the cabin cutting off some old fiberglass using a power tool and.......cut a nice slot thru the hull

DOAAAAAAHHHHH!
    Attached Files
    1963 Fiber Form Cuddy***
    1960 Hi Laker 15'**
    1957 Skagit 20 express*
    1955 uniflight 16' sportboat*
    *= previous completed projects
    **=finished and still using
    ***= in progress

Been there.....done that......

Putting a partial floor in my Dad's Glasstron for father's day last spring. Borrowed a knee kick circular saw to cut out the aft corners under the splashwell. Went a little too deep. Made a nice liitle 2" x 1/8" slice all the way thru!Wasn't hard to fix, and I did come clean to my Dad with my goof. Was easy to fix. It's under the hull/and under the floor, so you only see what looks like a scratch when it's on the trailer (and your looking for it!) Been tied to a dock @ Loon Lake all summer and hasn't sunk yet.........:shocked4:VeryBigSmile
    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Good topic - I have a bone head experience

I pulled the deck off to replace the floor and stringers. I was so proud of the hand planed stringers that perfectly matched the hull shape, poured foam, and new floor. After the new Nautolex vinyl interior was finished, my wife assisted me with placing the deck back on. Horror!!! The hull had spread about 2" inches in the middle of the boat at the gunnels. I neglected to pull the sides of the hull with straps to the approximate width if the deck prior to glassing in the floor. The hull seemed very stiff, and I had it off the trailer and well supported on the shop floor, so I didn’t check the width. My son and I spent half a day trying to force it on, but no joy. In the end we had to peel back the vinyl and cut the floor along the chine with a skill saw. The whole process took only an hour or two, including re-glassing the chine seam, so turned out to be a small speed bump. Laughing now, but not then.
      Brian Vickers
      Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Working...
      X