No announcement yet.

Chrome plating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the first section of my instrument housing back from chrome today. Looks good as new. It was $125 to have this piece done but considering the work to get it stripped and all the little pit holes filled and polished and rechromed I think it is a fair price. We had some sample production parts chromed as well and starting with fresh parts their pricing was very good as was the quality for production parts. And they are in Seattle! Forgot to ask if they deal with the public direct but a call to Art Brass Plating Inc. at
    800-828-3186 will find this out. As we will be dealing with them I can always arrange to have parts done with ours if need be. Barry
    Attached Files

Comment

Barry, looks great! Are your gauges in good shape? I was planning on retrofitting new gauges into my housings (same as yours) but gave up, it seems that everything current is too large to fit in there. Mine are going to go on the shelf until the day I feel like spending a fortune to re-chrome the housings and have the gauges restored. Which will probably be never ...

If you're in the market for some more housings let me know.

Comment

Tim
        I will be using Bearcat tachometers and speedo so they will not be in these housings. I have a barometer and a wind up clock with good faces that will be the first to go in the housings. Seems the instruments I have for the housings are two different face patterns but most are not good enough to use anyway. I plan to have another housing and the two end pieces done next but I want to look into having the clock converted to electric first.
        This weekend I have to take the windshield off the Trident and attempt to turn it over for some quick hull repair. That should be fun!

Comment

Working...
        X