Bimini tube sources???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimini tube sources???

I need to build a bimini for my Glasspar Seafair Sedan (unless someone has one laying around that they want to sell? (Hint, Hint)). It is made of 3/4" aluminum. My main support is 10’ long. I haven’t been able to find aluminum tube longer than 8’ long. Does anybody know of a source for long lengths of aluminum tube, preferably local?
    :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
    (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
    1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Pacific Iron and Metals 4th ave south Seattle. Their inventory changes like Costco so call ahead to see if they have what you need in stock. If they don't have it they will know where you can get it.
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Sn,
      3/4`` seems kinda whimpy and most use 7/8`` for sure.....the use the 1`` after accidently bending the first ones,or going for SS which can be harder to bend but will stay.Tops shops usually have a pile of take-offs,sometimes recycling or selling cheaply.They also have some mistakes as SS can`t be re-bent.
      I`d go larger diameter unless all your fittings are there and re-useable.Might be a reason why it isn`t sold longer.....
      TM
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Yeah 3/4" is stock. I've got some of the fittings. I was planing on using the thick wall stuff. Worst case I could even stifin it by inserting rod inside the tubes... My main issue is a source. The classic glasspar site gave me a source, but it's in NC, and that's some crazy shipping. I'm going to call Pacific Iron now...
        :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
        (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
        1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Comment

Sean, you might trying calling the guys at Pacific Marine Exchange here in Belligham. When I was there two weeks ago they had a pile of large Bimini frames that all look pretty clean.. They are pretty good about taking measurements for people over the phone..
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
          X