Just noticed this light...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvelous, post: 2067
    Yes i put it in my shed and also has the aluminum steering (bezel)? which is near perfect. I could not toss it away so it is in waiting for anyone that may want it.
    Bwhahaha, you sound like me when it comes to throwing stuff away! It irks the hell out of me to do so when I know that somewhere at sometime someone will need it.

You attending the West Marine swap this saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by BB404, post: 2093
      Bwhahaha, you sound like me when it comes to throwing stuff away! It irks the hell out of me to do so when I know that somewhere at sometime someone will need it.

You attending the West Marine swap this saturday?
      West Marine swap or the Fisheries Supply in Seattle? Yep i am trucking up North to look for what ever strikes my fancy. I have a long list,short list and mostly a wish list.
      John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Yep Fishy Supplies...don't listen to what I say, listen to what I mean LOL!

Comment

Here is the picture
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again Bob. Nice windshield, but don't you worry about termites or getting splinters in your eye? LOL

Comment

Hey BB. Sometimes I can't stop myself so I have to ask. When are you going to actually start doing some work on yours? John is so far ahead of me on his Express I have no chance of catching up. I need somebody else working on theirs to give me the incentive to get back to work on mine. I did start tearing my Homelite apart today so I guess that's something.

Comment

LOL Well funny you should ask that....steam cleaned it just last night and what a difference! Recently acquired and engine stand (to work on the engines) and am in the parts acquisition mode...matter of fact I'll be out the door in just a few to attemd the swap meet, hope someone else has dared to show up in this rain.

Comment

OK BB, lets see some shots of the cleaned up 404!

Bob

Comment

What a weekend, tried to get to the swap meet but between the weather and nonsense that came up at the last second I didn't make it, ARGH!

Anyway, as requested here are pix after the clean up...quite a difference eh? And I hadn't even scrubbed it with a brush! That was all done with hot high pressure water and some simple green.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow what a difference. The hull gel coat looks to be in great shape!

Comment

Actually the blue gel coat is pretty thread bare as you can see some of the fiberglass cloth pattern in a coupe of spots near the Bell Boy logos...and there are those rub marks on the hatch. Will repaint all the blue areas...I don't care for how it's faded towards the green end of the spectrum. Did the early manufacturers use off the shelf colors or were they custom blended? The hull has been repainted as has the bottom paint (can't quite figure it out, there's black and 2 shades of blue...did they paint the very bottom black then blue above that and finally the white hull?)

Couldn't believe how well the moss came off...took my time spraying around the window frames and rub strip (need to reseal it now!). Take a gander at the other pix in my folder and you'll see how grungy it was.

Next cosmetic step will be to yank out all the windows for replacement and polishing of the frames...while out I'll strip off the deck hardware for replating and repaint all the blue, am thinking of leaving the white alone for now...just redo the lower hull.

The canopy is too ugly for my taste although it allows for plenty of head room, the blue is way off kilter in relation to the rest of the boat. Would like to eventually replace it with a sleeker deal, maybe more of a Bimini shorter style.

Now if a certain someone could hook me up with the bow rail then I'd be in clover LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X