Winding Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winding Down

Here are some shots of a beautiful late summer outing on Canandaigua Lake, one of the NY Finger Lakes. The Interlux Perfection Oyster White looks like the day I painted the boat in July of 2010! Very impressive in its gloss retention. The cockpit floor is absolutely shot. Under the helm it feels like cardboard!.I suspect that the main bulkhead will also need replacing. It is showing some signs of rot where it meets the floor. I can only imagine what it looks like below that!...
    Attached Files

Nice! Good to see you out on the water.

As for your floor. Bummer! You can look to my thread for the steps needed to replace the floor and bulkheads..... Yikes! At a minimum, you'll have to take out your main bulkhead (the cabin bits will have to be cut lose to get that free) and your floor. Depending on how far up the rot is will dictate what else you have to remove! Bench seats maybe. It is a big project...

If yours was built like mine, it is hollow all the way up from the transom under the floor. Lots of room for moisture to sit and do its work. I ended up capping mine in and filling the whole thing with foam.
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
    X