My Skagit 18'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Skagit 18'

This is my Skagit 18' ( Chippewa) boat i have been working on for the last three months in my garage. I started out by taken all of the hardware off ,sanding it , filling holes,and a lot of other steps.Being this might be the last one i do ,i have been trying to used up all of my boating items i had around my garage,stored tool boxe items like my dark blue Dorsett Farallon and Skagit paints i had used on them for the hull stripe on the Skagit 18', plus i also had some Interlux "off white" paint left over from the Glasspar G-3 days.Gee i even found some extra hardware, rugs from the Skagit 20/Farallon, and a bunch of other things like Coast Guard equipment, fenders,lines ( color coded of course) . There are a few things i can interchange with the Skagit 20 like the GPS as all i had to do is buy the power cord and the antenna is built into the GPS head, ice box,etc. Right now i have about a hour left on some odds and ends and that should be it for the boat part. Next i will be dressing up the trailer and that should take about 2 months ( no big hurry ) and then mount the motor that is a 1986 70 hp Evinrude. It has a 12 gal gas tank with a 6 gal back up that is behind the storage chest ( ice box ). There sure is a lot of room in her. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Last Boat ???"

:Good one: Nice job Chuck - Last boat how many times have we heard that ??? You know they say there is nothing more boring than watching paint dry - well you have that figured out with your "High Budget " masking ! Love that you can sit in the shop and watch the paint dry while you read your newspapers !! That's looks like a great boat to bounce around in out in the bay !! Hope to see you soon and get back out in the water - days are getting a bit longer .
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Looks great, Chuck. That's some kind of serious red!
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Now we know where you've been. As always, looking good. You have turned out some great looking boats over the years, why stop here. Take care Chuck.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Thanks Guys. As far as going out in the Sound....maybe. That might be interesting as one person told me the hull is base on the 17' Skagit Express ? The Interlux Fire Red paint is close to the orginal color. I must admit it was nice to do another color other than blue ! Another one ? I don't know as i'am starting to find out working on one for 5 hours or so like i have in the past is getting to be REAL hard at my age. Now it's down to about 3-4 depending what i 'am doing. At least i have heat out in the garage so that helps a lot , but it still kind of hard to be able to stand back to look for problems when painting in a small area on one side. If there was another one i think it would be the Dorsett Saratoga behind the fence. Maybe i better go see if it's still there ? Chuck
          Attached Files

Comment

Chuck, nice job on it. so, is my boat still behind the fence, if so when ya going to bring it down to Olympia for me?

Outlaw
            John & Colleen Weston
            Carlyon Beach, Olympia,WA
            lookin for the right boat

Comment

John, Just come and get it or send me $45.00 for "transportation fee's" ( gas ).lol This would be a all time low for boats for me being i would be down to only one boat ( Skagit 20 and in the next 2-3 years sell it too ) and then that would be zero boats. I just might cut the Dorsett up before that as we are going to sell our home with 5 bedrooms. The boys are gone so it's only the two of us now and get it ready this year and sell next year ) downsizing to something like a Condo smaller where i would not be able to keep a boat there. I don't know if you saw it posted ,but the Skagit 18 has been sold.

Comment

I need to find something to tow it as I don't have a trailer hitch on my car. so whats it worth to you to tow it.

Outlaw
                John & Colleen Weston

Comment

I just reread your post. $45 for gas to tow. will get back to you. thanks

Outlaw
                  John & Colleen Weston

Comment

Chuck:

That is certainly a beautiful boat, and the red is absolutely gorgeous. I had no idea of the amount of work you did on it.

I think what it needs now is a fixed fuel tank and a couple of batteries. Those pictures are very nice good to see them. Perhaps later, a 90 horse Merc, which would hopefully replace any thought regarding reliability and eliminate the need to mix oil and gas.
                    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
                    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
                    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Chuck:

That is certainly a beautiful boat, and the red is absolutely gorgeous. I had no idea of the amount of work you did on it.

I think what it needs now is a fixed fuel tank and a couple of batteries. Perhaps later, a 90 horse Merc, which would hopefully replace any thought regarding reliability and eliminate the need to mix oil and gas.

Those pictures are very nice good to see them. Thanks.
                      Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
                      16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
                      17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Dave, he sold the 18. a very nice boat. look above at his post to me.

Outlaw
                        John & Colleen Weston

Comment

Working...
                        X