1964 16ft Harvey Runnabout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 16ft Harvey Runnabout

Finally got my boat done!! Put her in at Chinook Landing for her maiden voyage, Wednesday evening April 3rd, before dusk. All I can say is WOW. She handled like a dream and everything was very good. It looks good too. The only fail was the pitot speedo. It hardly got off 0mph at 4500rpm. I know I had to be doing at least 25mph. I also noticed that this boat doesn't sit very deep in the water. not sure if thats good or bad. It doesn't seem to have any trouble getting up on plane. This is my second time operating any boat in the water and it was a blast!! The last time I did this was with my dad many years ago. I was like only 10yrs old then and you had to operate the boat from the outboard motor. I wish my dad could have been there with me on my maiden voyage. I think his spirit was there though, and that his pressence lives on through my accomplishments and the success of my projects. My mother is still with us, and as soon as the weather gets better, she will be enjoying this as well.
    I'll post some vids later.
    Attached Files

Wow, the Harvey looks fantastic. Like the paint job.

Looking forward to seeing the videos. Have fun with it this summer.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

wow, nice job on it. have fun

Outlaw
      John & Colleen Weston
      Carlyon Beach, Olympia,WA
      lookin for the right boat

Comment

Nice....Very Nice
        And with the Bearcat too.

I find myself not interested in hanging onto any boats that I can't power with a Bearcat engine.

I still haven't found the time to gather up some folks and run that Multnomah Channel to see if its worthy of making it an event.

Maybe one of these days we can get together with some of the Portland folks and maybe run up past Portland to the Oregon City falls.
        Super Sportster always keeps his Bearcat tuned up and ready too.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Way to see it through, Darrell. Your ride looks great. I wish you patience in dealing with your Fageol 4 stroke. While I sold my collection, I cherish the trick propnut you machined for us-along with the bronze compass logo.

Keep up the great work, your father is smiling from above, and your mother will enjoy the moderate speed potential of that cool powerplant.

Helmar, get that river cruise figured out, we 'll gladly travel if you can gather some steam with the locals.

Greg

Comment

vid

Doing about 3500-4000rpm at Chinook Landing.
            My son, Tommy, holding the cam.
            http://youtu.be/RYwoJZeWkSc

Comment

Working...
            X