Bainbridge Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bainbridge Replacement

Started back up on the Dorsett 17' Saratoga "Chippewa" ( her beam is 79" wide and the rubrail height is 30" so in some cases i can go out in the sound ) that i now have had for about 2 years in the garage and behind the fence. I have the new floor in,filled in all of the hardware holes and got most of the deck sanded today. I hope it will be ready by next spring, even tho we might do the vintage trailer thing too.Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

High seas drifter...

Thumbs up Chuck, with all that beam you could hold swing dances aboard. Enjoy the weekend big man.

Greg

Comment

Too blurry for me.

Chuck:

Good-Looking Boat!

I would have only one little comment. How come your pictures are often out of focus? It would nice to be able to see the boat in more detail if they were not blurry. That's one of the main things that photographers worry about. Sometimes they resort to magnifying glasses on view cameras to make sure that the focus is crisp.

Other than that it would also be interesting to see what the inside the boat currently looks like so we will have something to compare it with when you get it done.

My boat is making slow progress. I changed the wire leading from the battery to the dashboard from a number 12 wire to a number eight wire, which will give me the amperage (ampacity) that I need to run the electronics and running lights, horn, etc. today I had to go get special connectors for putting on and of the wire that are number eight. The only people that have them was West Marine. I also bought a can of interlux "Flag Blue #4990" to paint for the board that goes under the dashboard to mount electronics on. That colour should approximate your carpet colour.
      Talk to you soon.
      Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
      16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
      17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Comment

Greg James

Comment

Have you ever responded to a post ( like the one above ) and then later kind of wished what you wrote ( might have been a little strong on the wording ) you could delete ? If you don't know it you can not delete the posting all together. Well the easiest way to delete it without waiting for the adminstrator to get to it is to delete the wording and put 4 dots like i did above and that will override it. That way it just might look like Morse code to someone. Lol Chuck

Comment

boat and driver...

I have grown quite fond of the photos "leaked " by SkagitMan over the years. He is a marketing genius- with his vaseline lensed Brownie camera and vague descriptors, leaving us perplexed, curious and wanting more. :TakePicture1::Shocked:

Car magazines and their subject manufacturers have used the "Spy Photo" to great effect as a tool to create ownership in the mind of the witness.

Keep em guessing...

Greg:fishing:

Comment

Originally posted by SkagitGuy, post: 25437
                That way it just might look like Morse code to someone. Lol Chuck
                Perhaps you should have typed this: –… …

Chuck:

If you're going to sell your blue boat, then as a courtesy I will come down and bring my Nikon D2x with the pro-level lenses and photograph said boat so the pictures will be absolutely clear, and at the same time photograph your yellow boat.

I think when you're selling a boat having clear pictures of the subject boat will be worth money in your pocket at sale time.
                Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

grab a hint

.... .. ........

Translation: you make me want to put a screwdriver in my temple.

Comment

opcorn1:
                    Steve Kiesel
                    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Hey Chuck, I used to have one of those view cameras, and yes, I used a magnafiyng glass to focus every shot. I think I know the difference between a good picture and a bad one. I've taken both, probably more bad than good. I just want to say that I like your pictures, fuzzy or not. Keep posting them please!

Comment

Stan:

While I didn't have a view camera, I had a Hasselblad system for years and used two a quarter slides to make my presentations to customers. That system like a view camera had excellent lenses. When the D1 X came out I acquired one and converted everything to digital. I found that the extreme top-of-the-line Nikon lenses came very close for my purposes to what the Zeiss lenses gave me.

My feeling at this time is that Chuck has the apparent ASA on his camera set improperly so that the exposure times are so low that the picture becomes blurry because the minute movements as he takes a picture. It's very possible therefore that his camera needs to be adjusted to move the apparent ASA to a larger number. Either that or the shoot from a tripod exactly like you did with low ASA films on your view camera.

Maybe you can help Chuck with this. As others have suggested his composition is excellent, but I feel he needs a little instruction or help adjusting the parameters of his camera.
                        Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

I will have that happen to me once in a while. I touch something on the camera and the next thing I know, I have a whole bunch of pictures that didn't take.
                          I don't want to be an expert with cameras, I just want them to do there job without having to monkey around with them.
                          Point and pull the trigger...:TakePicture1:
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen
                          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Chucks problem ?

Originally posted by DMCI, post: 25450
                            Stan:

While I didn't have a view camera, I had a Hasselblad system for years and used two a quarter slides to make my presentations to customers. That system like a view camera had excellent lenses. When the D1 X came out I acquired one and converted everything to digital. I found that the extreme top-of-the-line Nikon lenses came very close for my purposes to what the Zeiss lenses gave me.

My feeling at this time is that Chuck has the apparent ASA on his camera set improperly so that the exposure times are so low that the picture becomes blurry because the minute movements as he takes a picture. It's very possible therefore that his camera needs to be adjusted to move the apparent ASA to a larger number. Either that or the shoot from a tripod exactly like you did with low ASA films on your view camera.

Maybe you can help Chuck with this. As others have suggested his composition is excellent, but I feel he needs a little instruction or help adjusting the parameters of his camera.
                            Yeah - Whatever you just said ???? %$#@ - Chucks problem is fuzzy pictures ? - Chuck is the "Godfather" of all boats, parts , and trailers , Chuck is the " 6 degrees of separation of fiberglass boats " Everybody here who has a vintage boat can trace at least a part of it back to chuck ! I had a boat and a trailer and numerous parts . Now if he could only figure out his camera he would have his "Stuff" in every household , Here's the boat (Daviscraft) and trailer I can trace back to Chuck - Who else can post something that came through Chucks boatworks ??? :Skipper1:
                            Attached Files
                            Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

I can.
                              Attached Files
                              Dave

17 Skagit

Comment