new Major project, help I.d. boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Major project, help I.d. boat

Got a new project and need some help I.d.ing this boat. I do have some history on this boat from the previous owner, has been storage for a long time and sat out side long enough to make it basically a pattern boat. what I know it is 14' and has plywood frames and in the late 50,s era. looking forward to digging into this challange!

Dave
    Attached Files

Hi Dave.
    Not sure who the builder was or if it was one of those build from the purchased plans boat. We do have several people that Might know a little more about it.
    Lets see if they jump in.

That is going to pretty much be a lake boat at 14 feet but if your looking for a challange, I have a couple 17's that are free. One has fiberglass stringers that never go bad.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Here's something similar for sale on CL http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4087316498.html
      It doesn't have the dual cockpit or fins.
      '62 Carlson Race/Ski Boat - $3000 (Port Angeles)

Comment

i thought it looked like a glen L boat but i didn't see it on their website.it looks like a great project good luck!
        john woods
        "be afraid of free women and free boats"~my wise uncle

Comment

That looks a lot like the construction methods used on my little 8 ft bullnose hydroplane that was built in the early 60's from popular mechanic's plans... My guess is a "one of a kind" home built project. Looks pretty cool though, should be a lot of fun when it's restored...
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

With the help of Bob Parks and a few others, the boat is a Lady Clipper Dart. I was told by the person I acquired the boat from that he thought it was a Lady Clipper Lark, He a road in this boat in 1958 when he was a teen and was powered by a Mark 55 or 58. He saw the boat in a yard about 20 years ago and made the connection with the person that gave him the ride in the boat. The boat was in storage for some time before be placed out side under a tarp and the rest is history. It is now some what a pattern boat, this will be a challange.

Comment

Working...
            X