Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess you could call it a restoration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess you could call it a restoration?

This Skagit 14 Sportster got the typical the DMCI package. New motor, trailer, controls, steering, and tachometer. Still needs wiring, running lights, horn, and bilge pump. I did not witness the test, but reportedly the four bladed propeller with that motor works perfect. Motor is three cylinder four cycle Mercury. Unlike my other boats this puppy has four holders already installed and ready to go. Similarly, the boat has a high tech depth Finder and no Garmin navigation package. Like my Ski Master, this boat is in excellent condition and is one of those survivors.

First visit of this boat will be most probably Lake Watcom, which many of you know does not allow two cycle power.

Here is a photograph of the boat ready to be picked up at the dealer . Note addition of jack plate that allows for long shaft be put on short transom .

Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

That's a good lookin' Sportster! I like the jack plate, where'd you get a small one like that?

Comment

There appear to be two kinds of Jack plates in the catalog. Heavy duty one that will take up to 300 hp and this one that is not adjustable but is about one third the price of the heavy duty one. Mercury has a 40 horse without a power lift, but has a short shaft that will work with this boat. The testers estimated that the boat with this configuration will run better than 30 kn on flat water.

This is the boat that I wanted since I was 10 years old, when my dad brought home his copy of the salesman's manual. Of course, at that time I didn't have 500 bucks required to buy one. In those days , 500 bucks was a months pay for a Junior engineer .

Interestingly, I already had one guy offered to buy it! Snowballs!
      Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

OMG ! They must love you at that dealership LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! Take the $$$$ and RUN !
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Boy, that is sure looking nice And, Trouble free for a Long time.
          You have enough boats now that you can just pick which ever one you have finished.
          That look good Dave...
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 26300, member: 59
            you can just pick which ever one you have finished.
            Ouch! That Hurt. I moved all the boats except one , the Ski Master into the barn yesterday.

The Ski Master will remain at home so I can work on it .
            Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

Working...
            X