NFB rotary steering measurements and install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB rotary steering measurements and install

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Teleflex NFB SS132 rotary steering system (feedback welcome if you have one of these systems) and wanted to check with you guys on my measurements. I also want to see what others do for measurements.
    The goal is to ensure I measured correctly, order the system, then finish out the thread with an pictorial install (I searched for a thread, but didn't see one).

Here are my measurements:
    Center of the steering wheel (backside) out to the inner starboard wall = 21"
    To the right of the steering wheel (backside), Starboard Helm to Stern = 87"
    From the stern (splash well) out to where I think the outboard will connect = 29"

This puts me just about 11 1/2 feet. If I did all my measurements correctly, I'm thinking I should order a 12' system?

I have the standard rotary helm not the nfb and it is so much nicer than the old cable pulley system. My original steering wheel even fit the shaft on the new helm. When I measured mine I ran a piece of baling wire along where I was routing it and measured that length +6". just to make sure.

Comment

Good idea with the bailing wire. I'm glad the original wheel fit too! I'd rather not run a newer plastic looking wheel.

Comment

I got a Uflex system from Bill Roberts. It works great. http://uflexusa.ultraflexgroup.com/articoli.asp?sart=3

Comment

Working...
        X