Nice and warm now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice and warm now

Being there was to much build up of condensation on the boat from the tarp and pipe's of the shelter, i decided to inclosed the cockpit area instead. Went out and got a few PVC pipes. Not to pretty but it works with heat in there. At this rate i should have the cockpit - cabin finish within about 3 weeks. After that i will be filling in canvas snap holes etc and taking hardware off to paint later on. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Who cares what it looks like when your trying to keep it warm and dry.
    We used to put tarp tents over the cabin and cockpit areas as we were not able to heat the whole place.

My shop was a little different. With that wood stove and chucking in maple firewood, I had to open a door at times. But when foaming, I had to get the whole project warm, right down to her belly so I pre-heated everything.
    It was nice when colder as you could slow down some of the resins from kicking giving more time to adjust things. Like putting down the half sheets of fiberglass to the cockpit floor.

I tried one of those propane heater things but those put out too much moisture so good ol wood heat works for me.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Working...
      X