Moving right along

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving right along

Going out today to finish inside the cabin after carpeting the hull side walls (blue) and into the storage slots area's (grey) above the blue carpeting.The rest of the cabin bulkhead wall will be painted a off-white with a "stone" look to it that will hides the imperfections in the old fiberglass from the 50's. The mattress is in great shape ! Then after that a little repair in the floor and moving out into the cockpit area that should take about a week or so. Chuck
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

I wish my cabin was in that state! Still bare decking for me!
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Still have a little more painting to do today and after that a little more carpeting.

Comment

Chuck,

I know you love carpet and have promoted it in the past. You must be wearing off on me. I am planning on putting carpet down in the 404 after I paint the deck. While the paint will look good, carpet will hid imperfections in my layup!

You use the Lowes indoor/outdoor stuff, right?
        John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

John, Yes it is from Lowes ,however sometimes i go to Home Depot as they might have a color Lowes is out of. Another thing is some of that carpeting does not have a kind of black rubber backing anymore and the 3M "90" spray glue can come thru a little. I try to stay away from that stuff. Been using it since 1995.

Comment

I'll probably tie it in with snaps so I can take it out for cleaning and such. Me hates glue...
            John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Yea I hate to glue a rug down !..except one boat i had to.When it's new, i put the rug down first and then the pedestals screwed down to the floor on top of it. In the left and right far front corners i put little screws and color key caps. It gives it the snap down look. I don't put any snaps or screws belong the pedestals seats area so that way a person can lift the rug up in the lower area towards the stern to put a couple of small 2 x 4's if it gets a little wet to air out. Very seldom did that ever happen. I also just vacuum it with my niffty plug-in portable vaciuum cleaner. Have a plug in for that off of the batteries.When the day comes to replace the rug in about 4 seasons or so i just would take a box cutter knife to go around the pedestals seats base and that way i have a pattern for the new rug. There is ONLY one problem after four seasons when replacing the rug, i very seldom have the same boat then. I'am trying to make this boat the last time around.
              Attached Files

Comment

There is ONLY one problem after four seasons when replacing the rug, i very seldom have the same boat then.

hahaha.
                John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Working...
                X