Light getting a little brighter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light getting a little brighter

All of the holes are filled in and the frame is sanded so today i got the first coat of charcoal grey painted on the windshield frame inside and out. I will now wait to add another coat till Friday as I want it to have a little more drying time before giving it a very light sanding.I do have heat in the garage so that will help. As i have mention before , this will be on top of the Burgundy cabin roof. Sat i hope to wrap up the stern as far as the sanding go's. I wanted to give the filler a little more time to dry before sanding it being the weather has been somewhat damp.Then the cabin hatch will be next. So let's say by April 25th i should be already to paint the boat if the weather warms up to at least 50+ degrees from about 10am-5pm ,but if not i will wait. After this weekend i should be ready to do some other "odds and ends" for the next couple weeks waiting for the weather. Still shooting for the May 31st date to have at least 95% done.[ATTACH]15536[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Looking good Chuck. Suppose to hit near 70 here on Monday. Haven't seen weather that warm since we were down in Tuscon a couple months ago. Time to start getting the boats ready, been a long winter.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Windshield looks good! And, yes, warm weather Monday/Tuesday.
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Friday i did go out after all and lightly sanded the windshield frame to put the charcoal grey second coat on so that part is done. Also will be going to do a little more filler repair on the transom as later i will had wished i had taken the time.To someone else it might look fine ,but i know where the flaws are. The transom has been the biggest labor part of all of the sanding and filling of holes on the boat except the windshield frame!

Sat,i went over a few filled holes on the transom.One thing i'am amazed at is how many non-stainless screws were in the boat...rust ! Hatch is just about ready to be painted after i fill a few more holes where the hinges were. The hinges are trashed so will get new one's. This will be the start to me anyway of the exciting part of the painting process of doing three color combo's on the boat .Hatch will be burgundy and the sides of it will be charcoal grey.Brought it in my office to speed the drying up of the filler

Sunday ,I sanded and painted the inside of the hatch cover this morning.
        Attached Files

Comment

Your vision is coming to light! I can see it's going to look good!

Comment

Kelly, This will give you a idea how the charcoal grey windshield frame will look on top of the cabin area roof with the burgundy color. One more coat of burgundy and then charcoal grey accent stripes on the sides of the hatch cover. Should have hatch completed after Wed and then i plan to pull the boat out to sand the transom one more time and wash it all off.
            Attached Files

Comment

Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 27634, member: 9

Hey Steve, after Wed will start doing the odd's & ends in the cockpit area for the next two weeks or so ! Dan, My son who usually goes out with me was over last night and was asking me if i thought i would have it done this summer. "this summer" ? told him it will not be if" but done in May.

Comment

I like that color combo!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27638, member: 2323
                    I like that color combo!

Thanks, I have done some Skagit's and a few Dorsett's hatches in the past. Yea, i know it's the same-o ... same-o.. but i enjoying doing the two tone hatch cover and trying to do a better job each time.This one will have a black accent stripe running from back to front between the two colors.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X