More Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Work

By Sunday i should have the transom ready to paint with the rest of the boat later on in May and to finish up on the odd's & end's over the next two weeks or so.
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 27652, member: 6
    By Sunday i should have the transom ready to paint with the rest of the boat later on in May and to finish up on the odd's & end's over the next two weeks or so.
    So, no pictures as of yet...You are really hammer down on getting her ready..Way to go Chuck !!!

Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 27654, member: 59
      So, no pictures as of yet...You are really hammer down on getting her ready..Way to go Chuck !!!

Joe, "No new pictures as of yet" ?... I think some of the members might be getting a little tired of my posting so i thought i would give them a break. LOL ! I wanted to move the boat out of the shelter as i'am getting tired of all of the sanding dust inside in the rear of it, but there is a problem doing that as my son Peter's car is in the way. When he left for LA last week he forgot to leave the keys and will not be back till the 18th. I did call him and he sent them FedEx to me by tomorrow . That will help. Peter live's here (Whidbey Island ) and in LA with his wife every other week ( very long story ) so i let him leave it here and take him to the Park & Ride lot to go to the airport.....What i deal ! I did fill the four bolt holes for the kicker motor bracket today as i think it was mounted on the wrong side of the boat anyway. ( I have to primer the stern too) One of the bolts was behind the blower motor so that was fun getting out. If i get a kicker motor down the road i will be mounting the bracket on the "port side" not the "starboard" where the steering wheel is. Ok,Ok.....here's a few pictures till the end of the month.[ATTACH]15562[/ATTACH]
      Attached Files

Comment

Joe, Speaking of pictures, here one from 2008 with me in my Skagit 17 and GregS in his Skagit 20 at Mason Lake. What a difference a few years make ![ATTACH]15561[/ATTACH]
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow...foreshadowing in the boating world!
          Cool pictures Chuck, nice work too. My boat will fit just fine in your workshop, I'll be up there next week...

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27657, member: 2323
            Wow...foreshadowing in the boating world!
            Cool pictures Chuck, nice work too. My boat will fit just fine in your workshop, I'll be up there next week...

It will hold 2 - 20' Boats

Comment

Wow! That's gigantic! Home made?

Comment

Never can have too many pictures Chuck. More is always welcome.
                Funny thing on the kicker.
                First thought when getting ready to mount the kicker bracket on the Uniflite was on the port side but I don't remember Why its always port side, or is it ??
                Anyone know the answer to this.

Why is the kicker always seem to be mounted on the Port side
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27660, member: 2323
                  Wow! That's gigantic! Home made?
                  Kelly, There is a place up by Arlington that sales them. So far i have had three sets.The last one was a 24' for my boat and then sold it and had a boat at the marina for 5 years . This one i started with 2 10' section and then added later another 10' section and stopped at 40' . The pipes are 2 5/8 with 90 lb blocks on each leg and no wind problems.The tarp is very heavy duty and can hold about 2 ' of snow. Cost in this one is about $1500.00

Joe, I always have heard that it best to balance the boat by putting it on other side from your steering ( starboard ). Plus you can see it better ? That's all i know.

A person should get the idea that they have had to many boats when that other boat that is sitting next to you is going be yours 6 years later.

Comment

I heard the same thing, balancing the boat or opposite the helm.
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Chuck, great work so far! Foreshadowing is easy to predict with you though.. If you are running next to a Skagit, you will most likely own it within the next 10 years...

Joe, Chuck's explanation of kicker placement is spot on. I know when I worked at Aluminum Chambered Boats we always put the kicker opposite the helm to that if you were running solo the kicker weight would help balance the boat. Also, if you were running solo you could be at the helm and look back, with clear line of sight to the kicker.
                      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I knew all that.....
                        Greg James

Comment

Working...
                        X