A Little Set Back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Set Back

Last week i found out the gas filler unit for the deck is 1 1/2 inch neck and the one's on the 2 year old custom made tanks are 1 3/4 inches like they had back in the 50's. So Greg James ( thanks again ) came up today to help me hoist them down to the ground to empty the gas about 2 gal's still in the tanks. After i dump the gas i have to fill with water ( 21 gal per tank ) a couple times and take to a welder to again fill with water and then torch off the old style neck and put the new one's on. Should have back in about 3 weeks .I could have just left them but where they come up thru the deck they were all lose and you could not ground them.Real crappy. I don't want the Coast Guard on my butt.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Where are you planning to take the tanks? My brother built all new tanks for my dad's trolleycraft cruiser... He had to get certified so that he could officially stamp them and not have coast guard issues, now my brother has the expensive license he wants to make use of... Long story short, he can probably replace your fill tubes a little faster and most likely a little cheaper than an actual shop...
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 27825, member: 40
      Where are you planning to take the tanks? My brother built all new tanks for my dad's trolleycraft cruiser... He had to get certified so that he could officially stamp them and not have coast guard issues, now my brother has the expensive license he wants to make use of... Long story short, he can probably replace your fill tubes a little faster and most likely a little cheaper than an actual shop...
      Brian it will cost me $70 from Guy in Woodinville. Will check with you later. Thanks

Comment

Brian, Could you have your brother call me ? 425-742-4319....thanks, Chuck

Comment

Chuck, that isn't a set back, that is boat restoration!
          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
          Past Affairs:
          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 27832, member: 6
            Brian, Could you have your brother call me ? 425-742-4319....thanks, Chuck
            Chuck, I passed your information on to him... Hopefully he will contact you today.
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X