Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Off List

Check off list:
    Last Thursday got the VHF and GPS mounted along with the tie downs for the gas tanks also went and got some items for the rocker switches for the fuse panel..Done

Friday, had to take care of some wiring problems...Done

Saturday, installed the batteries, cabin cushions, wire up the GPS,VHF to the fuse panel and antenna , that in itself took quite a bit of time. painted the trim across the stern of the boat. And a few more odds & ends...Done

Monday 6/2 , New light grey/charcoal seats came in today ..Done

Gas lines...6/4 Done

Motor cover recover with vinyl...6/5..Done

I had to repaint the stripes on the boat so now the windshield frame is just not quite the same shade. Done

[COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]
    Window glass
    Rubrail
    few more small items to go after that.[/COLOR]
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Cool Chuck! I see you mounted your VHF lower this time around. That's the same place I've been contemplating mounting mine. I like where you mounted your depth finder too, just out of the way but only slightly. Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 28276, member: 2323
      Cool Chuck! I see you mounted your VHF lower this time around. That's the same place I've been contemplating mounting mine. I like where you mounted your depth finder too, just out of the way but only slightly. Nice work!
      Kelly, On this one there was not a whole lot of room to mount it on the console as the VHF is to deep and i did not want to maybe block my view with two of them on top of the dash. The GPS head is mounted on a Ram bracket so it can swing out towards me so i can read it from whatever angle.

Comment

I like both my radio and GPS/Fish finder on the dash right in front of me. They don't really obstruct my view and I can watch everything all at once. I could lower them down a little bit by putting them down on the helm but it is African mahogany and I would rather not screw anything into it.
        Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 28280, member: 58
          I like both my radio and GPS/Fish finder on the dash right in front of me. They don't really obstruct my view and I can watch everything all at once. I could lower them down a little bit by putting them down on the helm but it is African mahogany and I would rather not screw anything into it.

I like mine on the same level too, but on this boat the cabin roof is taller from the floor up than the 1958's and before. So there is really not much area. The person before me build up a stand for his seat would be taller so he could see over the dash. I can see fine , but if i put a GPS and VHF up there that would block my view.

Comment

Working...
          X