Killing Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing Time

Right now i'am killing time on going out to test her till after the 1st of July i have decided.The reason is , ok call me cheap but the state told me i would have to buy the 2014 hull tab that will expire on June 30 this year and also told me i would have to purchase the new June to June 2015 for a total of $51.00! If i wait till after 7/1 and then go get it i just have to put out $31.00 for July - June 2015. There are a few things i can do between now and then like today putting the hull numbers on, painted the trailer stripping to make it look a little better for this year. Going to get some gas tomorrow to start it up in the driveway to check it out in the meantime.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Yep, the state has to get there pound of flesh.
    They are really starting to screw around with people down in Oregon now too.

Trailer looks nice now
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 28537, member: 59
      Yep, the state has to get there pound of flesh.
      They are really starting to screw around with people down in Oregon now too.

Trailer looks nice now

Order some new reflectors for only $1.99 ea. That should spiffy it up some. The nice thing is all of the lights work. Could use a new winch strap still. Put one of my old transom savers on as well. This is a 1959 trailer ! It did spend most of it's years on US 2 ( between 4 persons ) in Eastern Washington till 2002 and then come over to this side of the mountains to one other person so the trailer does not have a whole lot of rust on it from salt water...knock, knock ! Have all of the paper work on it from day one and that was July 1st,1959 . When i change the title last Nov for just the title fee , and not the registration fee as i did not know when i would have it done back then. So that Reg tab for 2014 would only be good for about 8 days more ? The trailer plate was change last Nov anyway or i would have lost the personalized one within 30 days. Yea i know it kind of dumb to have that plate on a trailer , but it said's "Skagit" afterall . Have had it for 7 years.
      Attached Files

Comment

That isn't being cheap, Chuck. It's being frugal. You will have $20 to spend on something else and the 1st is just a few days away. Plus! It is supposed to rain this weekend anyway. Get your tabs on Wednesday morning, then throw her in the water in the warm afternoon...
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Picture.jpg
          Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 28611, member: 339
          That isn't being cheap, Chuck. It's being frugal. You will have $20 to spend on something else and the 1st is just a few days away. Plus! It is supposed to rain this weekend anyway. Get your tabs on Wednesday morning, then throw her in the water in the warm afternoon...
          John, I thought frugal was the same as cheap ? LOL ! Not that i'am making up excuses, but now my son might need the Ford next week to move some of his things over from Whidbey Island. He lives in LA and was living on Whidbey as well ( rental by the beach and cost big bucks ) so he can see his daughter every other week when he would fly up from there. So he said's he decided to get rid of the big bucks rental. He will be with us JUST for the summer with our granddaughter and that will be nice, but then again he said's he will only be here for 8 days this summer as our granddaughter will be with him as his "EX" will be going around the world or something ? ? He is going to look for a rental house on the southend of the island in Aug before school ( yea right ! ) and that means Sept,Oct,Nov looking for a place The last time it lasted 14 months with us. We might be dumb but not stupid ...duh..., we think it will be till about Nov. Glad he is a good kid. I'am to the point of looking for little things to do, so today i made up a strap to hold the fenders in place while under way. There just is not a whole lot of room in the cockpit. Looks like the week of the 7th on taking the boat out to Lake Steven with maybe GregJ.

See that Dorsett back there ?...Starting to eye it more and more.

Comment

Looks like more room in that cockpit than in the Farallon had. Won't smoke as much as the Farallon either Lake Whatcom is fair game now Chuck. No mixing gas
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 28615, member: 6
              [ATTACH]16229[/ATTACH]

John, I thought frugal was the same as cheap ? LOL ! Not that i'am making up excuses, but now my son might need the Ford next week to move some of his things over from Whidbey Island. He lives in LA and was living on Whidbey as well ( rental by the beach and cost big bucks ) so he can see his daughter every other week when he would fly up from there. So he said's he decided to get rid of the big bucks rental. He will be with us JUST for the summer with our granddaughter and that will be nice, but then again he said's he will only be here for 8 days this summer as our granddaughter will be with him being his "EX" will be going around the world or something ? ? He is going to look for a rental house on the southend of the island in Aug before school ( yea right ! ) and that means Sept,Oct,Nov looking for a place The last time it lasted 14 months with us. We might be dumb but not stupid ...duh..., we think it will be till about Nov. Glad he is a good kid. I'am to the point of looking for little things to do, so today i made up a strap to hold the fenders in place while under way. There just is not a whole lot of room in the cockpit. Looks like the week of the 7th on taking the boat out to Lake Steven with maybe GregJ.

See that Dorsett back there ?...Starting to eye it more and more.
              Joe, If the motor box did not stick out some i do think they would be about the same as far as the Farallon and Skagit as far as space. That ice box is the step down into the boat from the dock like i have used on a few other boats, storage space for odds & ends and a so called extra seat or two.

Comment

The carpet looks good on the box Chuck. Nice touch with the fender straps too...smart! I ran into the same thing with the state as far as registration goes. I went yesterday to get the Uniflite and my bass boat all greened up only to be told my bass boat will need 2014 stickers before I can get 2015, or just wait 3 more days to get 2015. Had my son not been been with me it might have gotten a little ugly in there. 3 days, seriously!?!

Comment

Picture g005.jpg
                  Originally posted by Kelly, post: 28624, member: 2323
                  The carpet looks good on the box Chuck. Nice touch with the fender straps too...smart! I ran into the same thing with the state as far as registration goes. I went yesterday to get the Uniflite and my bass boat all greened up only to be told my bass boat will need 2014 stickers before I can get 2015, or just wait 3 more days to get 2015. Had my son not been been with me it might have gotten a little ugly in there. 3 days, seriously!?!

Did you get the 2014 Tab Lol ! I'am one of those that likes everything to have a place in the boat being a person only have so much room in the first place in these boats. The fender straps has one of those twist snaps .The other four lines are in the so-called ice chest along with the buddy anchor, tool box etc. Scott is making up a new burgundy burgee cover for the staff on the bow. The burgundy i had went with Rosario to Jerry back when. The blue one i have had on blue & white boats since 1995.

Comment

The blacked out trailer wheels look great!

Comment

Kelly, if you got your tabs on the 1st would you still have to buy for 14? That just doesn't make any sense.

Chuck, it does look tight in there! Good idea for the fenders. I have been putting mine in the splashwell on the 404. For now they are just lose back there, but I may just put a few cleats in place to hold them properly so they don't go missing...
                      John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

John, Come July 1st ( tomorrow ) you only have to buy the 2015 one's being that is the new year for boating hull and then those are good thru June 30,2015. If i had gotten the 2014 one's last Nov when i got the boat i would not had this problem, but did not know then when i would have had it ready for getting wet. In the Spring i started to get more of a idea.

On the fenders ,i have so much odds and & ends in boxes like some of us do i just look thru them first and presto ! And if you leave a little slack in the strap, you don't have to unhook it. One thing about it when screwing into carpeted wood and you get ready to sell your boat you just take out the screws and whatever equipment and you don't see a bunch of holes. Does not give it the stripped look.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good point on the carpet!
                          John Forsythe

Past Affairs:

Comment

Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 28666, member: 339
                            Good point on the carpet!
                            One thing about the carpet that I don't care for. Its always replace it. You just don't pull it off and hope to repaint as its Hell to remove the glues used.
                            So if your going to cover something with carpet, its pretty much forever.
                            It Does look nice when used
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Joe, I guess it all depends what you are going to use the boat for. If you are talking about the sides of the hull your are right, but why would you need to peel it off the sidewalls ? Never had. As far as the floor goes, i don't glue it down at all except for one boat i had to . I know some people do . What i do is get some fancy washers ( and then put caps over the screws ) for the two corners in the upper left and right corners. Then lay out the carpet toward the stern of the cockpit and screw down the pedestals to the carpet. Then when you want to change the carpet ( which i have never done ) you take a box knife around the seats base and now you have the new pattern. If the carpet gets wet behind the seats you just roll up some and put a few little pieces of wood under it for it to air out.Never had a problem with carpet.If you fish that may be a problem with fish guts like the guy that purchased Skagit Bainbridge from me that told me he would be taking the carpet off the floor, After i got the bucks from him he could do whatever he wants. LOL !
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X