Back Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Again

Yes the low style windshield is back on this Skagit like it was on Skagit Bainbridge but only for a couple months ( or less ) this time then it's original will be put on I have left all of the holes for it and just cover them over with heat duct tape inside the cabin roof till then. I do like both style so that is not a problem.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

:eek: At least you kept the option to go back to the original.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Looks familiar...

Hope everything is OK, Chuck.
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 28648, member: 9
        :eek: At least you kept the option to go back to the original.
        Everything is fine, All of the about 32 holes are still there. Being it's kind of a dark burgundy you really don't notice the holes.I do like the original better than the low style being the way it wraps around the sides of the boat. The six holes i had to drill are within the so called dash area so i can just fill them in about 10 minutes and dry overnight and touch paint ( with a little "art" brush ) each one with burgundy paint and the burgundy carpet will go right over that. I do like to carpet the dash anyway so a person can lay something up there and will not slide off. If i had left the original frame i would have to put all 32 ? screws in and still would have the wind coming thru and then take them all out again when i go to the glass place. Going to get the tabs tomorrow 7/1 ( can't wait ) for the boat hull and get up to Lake Stevens soon. The person that purchase Skagit Bainbridge liked the straight across original frame that was a extra one i had so i told him i would include that in the $$ of the boat and keep the low style one...glad i did. I still have the original chopped frame ( yea i have one of those to ) as well. I spent about two hours on Saturday on the garage floor trying to get the rubber into the Plexiglas which i did but trying to get it into the frame was not going to happen.
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
        X