X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how was your day?

Mine was pretty good!
    Attached Files

Looking like your getting into it for sure.
    Going to make Alder lake ?

Got into mine today, finished getting things ready, check lights, radio, other stuff to be ready. Found I wasn't charging, bridge rectifier is toast.
    Easy fix.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Hey Joe,
      That's what I'm shooting for. It will be tight, I may show up with a Homelite that looks like crap on the outside and purty under the hood! May not have enough time to do the hood. Maybe I'll just run it without the hood .. I also need to rewire the boat, including modifying my old chrome gauge housings to accept new Teleflex gauges.

I got a lot done this weekend, first two day weekend I've had off in quite a while. But am finally past the repair stage and am cleaning and painting now. Next is the bottom end, it's in pieces in the solvent tank.

My new Harbor Freight "shop crane" has been awesome for this job, not only for moving the engine around without killing myself, but for paint prep and painting. After all the mechanical work was done I dangled it over the solvent tank for a thorough cleaning and then rolled it outside and washed it down with Simple Green. Blew it dry, wrapped the hoist in plastic and sprayed. After it dried just rolled it into the shop. Worth the investment.

Tim

Comment

Working...
      X