Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any updates?

Comment

• Hope all is well and you're out cruising in the boat!

Comment

• Sorry it’s been so long. A lot has happened this year. We got the boat in the water last Saturday!!!! 3.5hrs on the new motor and everything worked great. We had zero issues with anything.

I finally “finished” everything last week, after I hung and finished rigging the motor the dealer ran the motor for the first time last week. I got it back and finished a few things.

We we launched in Kenmore at the north end of lake Washington, 3 miles from our house, decent ramp for our first time putting the boat in the water.

I was a bit nervous, having no idea what could go wrong or not work or if the darn thing would even float... I did sand the entire bottom and painted it with intercoat vc epoxy performance coating which I thought is a great product, it seems to be super hard and slick, I can slide the boat around on the trailer even with the motor on without much effort.

It it was a lot of fun!! The motor runs great, fires right up and always stays idling. Boat seems to handle well, plenty of power. Responsive. Saw 35mph on the gps momentarily and the boat felt stable. The setup height and propeller seems to be good right out of the gate.

Comment

• Holy smokes! That's looks amazing! I actually had goose bumps looking at the photos!
          Nice work, feel proud for sure.

Btw, did you get that outboard at Bayside?

Comment

• Also, can I share a few of these photos on the Skagit Plastics Inc Facebook page? Unless you'd like to share them there

Comment

• free to share, thanks for asking. I bought the motor at Jacobsen’s marine in Edmonds, during the boat show promo, 10 yr warranty and stainless prop included when I purchased the rigging kit. Thanks for the complements, we are very excited also.

Comment

• Wow! Great warranty! And the prop... that's the ticket!
                I accepted your fb request for the Skagit group so I won't post if you're going to.

Comment

• Looks as all that hard work has paid off. She looks Great and should serve you well. Lots of fun times can be had now
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                  X