Valspar products?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valspar products?

Anybody know who carries Valspar products ? Not having much luck trying to find them. Thanks Barry

Lowe`s

Barry,
    Keep seeing their ads on TV....as Gene Hackman says ,"Come to Lowe`s".
    TimM
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_Mattson, post: 4621
      Barry,
      Keep seeing their ads on TV....as Gene Hackman says ,"Come to Lowe`s".
      TimM
      NOPE! Thanks anyway.

Comment

Which Valspar products are you looking for??? When i worked there Lowe's was way proud of the Valspar line. Had to go to way too many seminars on the various products.
        Chuck B
        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Chuck
          I called Lowe's and seems they only mainly have paint products. I'm lookiing for a product that comes under Valspar Composites. It is a slow setting hi-strength putty containing milled fiberglass for additional strength. Product # 5787T00006

Comment

Barry,
            Have you tried using the store locater on Valspar's web site? It will give you a long list of retailers that you could call and ask about the item.

Comment

Been trying that but they have so many sites I have had no luck so far finding the store list. B

Comment

Try the "contact us" box on line. Tell them where you are and what you need.

MAYBE they will get back to you.
                Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

It may have to be special ordered from the manufacturer since the spec sheet states a 2 month shelf life from date of shipment. Doubt anybody would be stocking it.

5787T00006 Reinforced Polyester Putty is a slow gel, high performance, bonding putty containing milled fiberglass. Its high strength gives excellent adhesion between different types of substrates. Can also be used as radius putty for filling voids in marine applications.

Typical Physical Characteristics (All Tests at 77º F.)

Weight Per Gallon: 9.5 - 10.5 pounds
                  Viscosity:
                  850,000 - 950,000 cps
                  Gel Time: 13 - 23 Minutes
                  Appearance: Light Purple Paste
                  Flash Point: 88º Fahrenheit, Seta-flash Closed Cup
                  Shelf Life: 2 months from date of shipment

Comment

Originally posted by royg, post: 4661
                    It may have to be special ordered from the manufacturer since the spec sheet states a 2 month shelf life from date of shipment. Doubt anybody would be stocking it.

5787T00006 Reinforced Polyester Putty is a slow gel, high performance, bonding putty containing milled fiberglass. Its high strength gives excellent adhesion between different types of substrates. Can also be used as radius putty for filling voids in marine applications.

Typical Physical Characteristics (All Tests at 77º F.)

Weight Per Gallon: 9.5 - 10.5 pounds
                    Viscosity:
                    850,000 - 950,000 cps
                    Gel Time: 13 - 23 Minutes
                    Appearance: Light Purple Paste
                    Flash Point: 88º Fahrenheit, Seta-flash Closed Cup
                    Shelf Life: 2 months from date of shipment
                    Yes that's the stuff. Tried a little bit of their similar product without the milled fiberglass and it was awesome. Filled a lot of little holes in the transom with it and can't believe how well it adheres and how hard it gets. I also like that it cures with no heat. I want to use it to fill along the edges of the plywood floor where it meets the hull before I glass the floor in. I've been emailing and calling every place I can find online for the last week. My best hope so far is a distributor in California. B

Comment

Did you try

Sher-Fab Unlimited, Inc.

14629 Carmenita Road
                      Norwalk, CA 90650
                      (562) 921-5206
                      (877) 921-5206
                      Fax: (562) 926-5658

To contact us via e-mail, click here:

sfu@sherfab.com

Roy

Comment

Roy

Yes. Ron at Sherfab is the one helping me now. Very knowledgeable and working on solving the problem for me. Also turned me on to another product that I am going to try. Highly recommended. Thanks B

Comment

Composites One is a wholesaler that carries a variety of Valspar resins and gelcoat products. Their website also lists Valspar as one of their providers of "Putty Compounds" as well. They have warehouses in Arlington and Vancouver, Wash. They don't have retail stores, but if they stock it you can phone in an order and pick it up in will call at their warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassfromthePast, post: 4777
                            Composites One is a wholesaler that carries a variety of Valspar resins and gelcoat products. Their website also lists Valspar as one of their providers of "Putty Compounds" as well. They have warehouses in Arlington and Vancouver, Wash. They don't have retail stores, but if they stock it you can phone in an order and pick it up in will call at their warehouse.
                            Thanks for that info. Will look into their web site. Might solve the problem. I have a Skagit and a Glasspar waiting. LOL B

Comment

Working...
                            X