I need to borrow an emblem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to borrow an emblem

I'm looking to get some new castings made and need a good one to start with. My only unbroken piece is pitted badly and pretty much not savable in its current state.
    If you have one of these emblems in good condition and are willing for me to cast from it I'd return it to you plus a free raw casting for your collection.
    The pics below are examples of what I need. They're 1959 Skagit emblems and are the ones without the detailed head dress on the Chief.

Cheers!
    1959 Skagit emblem
    Last edited by Kelly; 07-05-2018, 04:45 AM.

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
    I'm looking to get some new castings made and need a good one to start with. My only unbroken piece is pitted badly and pretty much not savable in its current state.
    If you have one of these emblems in good condition and are willing for me to cast from it I'd return it to you plus a free raw casting for your collection.
    The pics below are examples of what I need. They're 1959 Skagit emblems and are the ones without the detailed head dress on the Chief.

Cheers!
    I might have one coming that is in pretty good shape. (Might is, if it can be found in storage, not holding my breath on this one)
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

If you do have one that would be awesome! The sooner the better as I'm trying to head to the foundry next week if my schedule allows. If you have a good 11" Skagit script that would be awesome as well but I do have a template that is close to original.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
        If you do have one that would be awesome! The sooner the better as I'm trying to head to the foundry next week if my schedule allows. If you have a good 11" Skagit script that would be awesome as well but I do have a template that is close to original.

As soon as I get it in my hot little hands, I will take a picture and then send it to you. Its a NOS emblem with the headdress. With those, the numbers 0,1,2,4,6,7 it would cover 90% of the fleet. I think Karl is ok on the 25 but might could use a script....I know I am in on the order..

Do you have the Canadian chrome fellows contact info handy ?
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Great, I'd like to see if it's the one pictured above versus the detailed head-dress. Your pink Skagit has the ones I need to copy. If your NOS one is like that, perfect.

Comment

text me if you find it as I'll be slinging primer this afternoon. .

Comment

any luck finding those emblems?

Comment

Working...
              X