Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1964 Dorsett Catalina Transom Re-build (part 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Dorsett Catalina Transom Re-build (part 2)

I've completed my first trip to repair my 1964 Dorsett Catalina transom a couple weeks ago, and I have a progress update on my transom re-build project. It was a good trip and I learned a lot. I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped for, due to bad weather, friends coming by to visit (a good thing), and a lot of indecisionitis on my part (not to mention I'm almost 70 yrs old). I also confirmed that the damage includes the floor and stringers. I stayed for two weeks, and the weather most of the time was rainy, blustery, cold, with a day or two of partly sunny, windy, cool conditions.The trip there usually takes around 7 1/2 hours but I had to stop along the way and shop for a laser-level and a few other things, so I didn't arrive there until after dark. The following morning I went to the boat storage where I keep the boat stored indoors, hitched up to it and took it to my friend's cabin where I was staying. I unhitched it and decided to start work on it right away.

I decided that my first task would be to make sure the boat was level and straight on the trailer. I had been advised to do this by several people and I took their advice. I had bought a Bosch self-leveling laser unit that came with a mount that had a spring clamp on it for mounting. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out any way to make the mount work for the application I needed. So I had to build a simple transit that I could accurately turn 90 or 180 degrees to establish level, front to back, side to side. Once I had it mounted and screwed firmly to the floor in the "marked" center of the boat, I started taking measurements to see how level the boat was sitting on the trailer. The self-leveling laser puts out a red vertical line and a red horizontal line, like this +. The first measurement showed that the port side was 2" higher than the starboard side. I then swiveled the laser and checked the alignment from front to back. I aimed the laser at the very middle of the transom drain plug and checked where it indicated in relationship to the bow lifting eye, and there was about a 1" difference. I loosened the tie-down on the trailer winch and used a 6' wooden 4x4 fence post to shift the boat around on the trailer in the direction I thought it should go to level it. Then climb back into the boat and check for level, over and over again, until I thought it was in the right position. All the climbing in and out, all the effort it took to shift the boat, again and again, just about wore me out. But after a couple of hours, I thought I had it sitting level on the trailer, so I re-attached the tie-down and tightened the trailer winch. Hopefully it will stay in that position.

One of the consequences of working on your boat 300 miles from home is, each time you go you must pack and then unpack all your tools, both coming and going. I have to take about every tool I own, both power tools and hand tools as I never know what I'm going to need. It is very time consuming and a lot of work. So, after unloading all my tools, running extension cords and setting up a work area, I was ready to go to work. I wanted to start removing the transom plywood, but before I could do that I had to cut the floor back from the transom. I had decided to cut the floor back 18" from the transom, this way I could inspect the stringers and get to the bottom of the transom with no obstructions. I had to draw a line 18'' back from the transom leaving a 5" piece of the floor on each side to use as a guide to mark the floor level later on. Then I used a "stud finder" the kind used to find studs in a wall thru Sheetrock, and tried to locate the stringers thru the floor. No matter what I did I couldn't get an accurate reading and finally gave up, and went back to work cutting the floor. I had bought a new Makita Oscillating Multi-tool (OMT) and a set of different blades specially for this project. I had never used a OMT before and I was quite impressed with it, I should have bought one years ago. I selected an offset blade that was marked " wood or plastic" and started cutting the floor, being careful not to cut or plunge to deeply. It just zipped right along, leaving a thin, clean cut and I was done in no time. I had a bit of a hard time removing the floor piece because it was attached to the stringers and the cross-bracing in the sump area, but I finally got it out. All of it was badly rotted and falling apart, now I see why I couldn't get an accurate reading with the "stud finder". I used a shop vac to clean up all the debris, while doing that I checked the stringers and they were in bad shape too, very soft and partially rotted (Que Sara, Sara....).

I started the task of removing the plywood in the transom. To do this I had to lay on the floor of the boat and work under the splash well, using the oscillating multi-tool. The floor of the boat has marine bunk carpet on it that had gotten wet and stayed wet because of the rain ( it had rained during the night, and was still drizzling on and off), making it a very uncomfortable, cold place to work. I had a piece of dry carpet that I would put down to work on, after a while it also got wet. I started cutting the transom loose across the bottom. Somewhere along the way, someone had told me to cut into the wood side, not the fiberglass side. Now I know what they mean and was careful not to cut into the fiberglass. I placed the blade flat against the hull and cut into the plywood in the direction of the fiberglass shell located on the backside of the plywood. I took my time and was careful not to cut to deeply and damage the fiberglass shell. As I cut deeper into the plywood, I decided to stop cutting and place some 1/4'' wedges between the plywood and the fiberglass shell of the transom so I wouldn't cut into the fiberglass shell. It took quite a while to get the wedges in place. I had to carefully pry the plywood away from the fiberglass shell, then place the wedges between them. The plywood and the fiberglass shell had been laminated together with CSM and resin, and were difficult to separate. I used some prying tools I had brought and some larger wooden wedges here and there, tap it with a hammer here, tap it with a hammer there, pry against it overthere. I finally got it mostly loose, but it still had some stubborn spots that I could loosen as I cut. I placed the 1/4''wedges as low as I could between the plywood and the fiberglass shell.

I noticed the blade on the OMT marked "wood or plastic" had teeth that were gone, wore down almost completely. I didn't expect it to wear down that quickly, I had only made one cut across the floor, maybe 6'? I changed the blade to one marked "wood or metal". I continued cutting the bottom of the transom loose, I could tell when the blade had cut completely thru the plywood. After I finished the bottom, I started on the sides. The sides were a little tougher, they had 50 year old hardened fillets to cut through. They started making a lot of dust. I had to stop and unpack a new respirator I had ordered. Helmar had sent me a link of where to buy it. It has a fully enclosed face shield and a blower unit you wear on your waist, it blows constant air into the face shield.....pretty nice. I put the respirator on and started cutting the sides again. It took a while to cut the sides loose, I went slowly so I wouldn't damage the fiberglass. I tried changing from a blade to a rasp on the OMT and it worked fairly well, and I wasn't so concerned about damaging the fiberglass. I finally got the sides cut loose and pried the transom wood loose from all the remaining stubborn spots. I could now remove the transom wood. My plan was to lift it out out, straight up. I had uncapped / loosened about 6' of the top-cap on both sides of the boat, from the transom forward. I had hoped this would give me enough wiggle-room to lift the plywood out. This didn't work as well as I thought it would...........the problem was where the top of the sides met the transom, there wasn't enough ''give'' at the end of the sides where they turn the corner to form the transom. I finally got the plywood out this way, but only after quite an effort. I placed wedges at the sides to spread it open nearly to the point of cracking the fiberglass, then I used a crowbar to pry upward on the bottom of the plywood from the inside of the boat. There was a slight inward angle to the plywood and after I got it to move upward the stress lessened, and I could lift it out. It took all afternoon to accomplish. I checked the fiberglass shell that I had just removed the plywood from, there was a lot of wood and laminate still attached to it, but no damage. There is going to be a lot of grinding needed in this area. I had planned to install the new plywood this way, but now I'm not so sure. I'm looking for a ''plan B'', so if anybody has one..... I'll sure listen. I don't really want to uncap the top, but having to replace the transom, stringers and floor it may be the best option???

It kinda sounds like I did all this in an afternoon. I didn't, it took days. Some days after laying and working on the wet floor of the boat for a few hours, I'd get cold and call it a day. One of my old friends came and stayed a couple days, I didn't get much done those days. One day I had to run into Tucumcari, NM and buy a couple sheets of Marine Plywood and a sheet of door skin for making patterns, I left Tucumcari $265.00 lighter and another day gone. Time passes quickly and I didn't get near as much done as I hoped I would. On the last trip down here to remove the motor, assess the damage and take pictures, I also took down the cabin headliners and trim to take home and re-upholster. I needed to install them and re-route the wiring behind them, so I took the time and did it. For the headliners, trim, etc., I used Sunbrella Fabric in Royal Blue and Pacific Blue. They look much better than the old ones that were a pale lime green.

I didn't mention all of the things that I got done, but here's a list of what I wanted to accomplish this trip:

1. Level and adjust the boat on the trailer.

2. Remove the old transom plywood.

3. Grind and sand the fiberglass shell where the old plywood had been.

4. Make a (Popsicle stick style) pattern for new transom plywood.

5. Layout, cut, and sand the new transom plywood. (2 sheets)

6. Waterproof the new transom plywood using laminating resin.

7. Drill a hole pattern in the transom shell for clamping with screws.

8. Purchase laser level & marine plywood.

9. Treat the canopy w/ 303 Fabric Guard.

10. Install headliner & trim.

I know that I have a lot of work ahead of me............ but believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to it. As stupid as it may sound, I can't wait to be covered in fiberglass dust. It means I'm making progress. I still have a thousand questions in a few areas I'm unsure of, but with the amount of knowledge on this forum I'm sure I'll get help with the answers.

Some things I still am thinking about are:

Under floor gas tanks ( if any body has some they are interested in selling, let me know .)

Under floor foam .

I'm headed back to work on my boat again on this upcoming Monday. I think I have all the tools and supplies I need. Its supposed to be good weather for the next 10 days, hopefully I'll get a little more accomplished this time around. Somewhere in time, when this repair is finished, I have plans of taking the boat to Lake Powell for a remote backcountry adventure. Soon I hope............

Wow great progress in less than optimal conditions! Inspiring for sure and nicely written post.
    Those multi tools are worth the price, I've used mine for everything including a bathroom remodel.

keep up the good work!

BTW, what's the link for that mask?

Comment

Kelly,

Helmar was nice enough to send me the link to the mask. He sent me the Amazon link, but I'm kinda cheap and I found it cheaper on ebay. I bought the one on ebay, but I'm not sure if they're the same unit. If you buy the one on ebay, I recommend using a different seller. The ebay seller charges a foreign transaction fee, I had to fight with Paypal to refund the money. Good luck either way!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16335179370...m=163351793709

Comment

Wow, that is some progress. Seems like things Always take longer than they should.
        If you have noticeable voids on the inside of the transom shell, using a straight edge, you should fill those or it will always be a void there..
        Best way I found to do that was Fiberlay's Fiberfiller. YOu can get that in quarts, mixes up just like the resin does but due to the thickness of it, I won't mix more than a 8oz pot at a time. takes longer for it to cure so be ready for that if your going that way.
        Then the first thing down before any plywood would be your fiberglass Mat. . You need to get that as flat as you can so when you put your first transom piece in up against that, you know its Flat and you have full contact.

Another way to do that but you have to be quick about it is to use silica or even wood dust. Make up a peanut butter thickness and trowel it down checking it with a straight edge. Use Laquer thinner to clean up. Whatever, its got to be flat.

Oh, Kelly, the breathing system, I think Pat got it for less someplace but I got mine at Amazon.
        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Get the extra filter with it.

Helmar
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

thanks for the links guys.
          I keep thinking about the conditions you were working in...still amazed.

Comment

Hi Helmar,

Thanks for the reply.

you wrote:

Wow, that is some progress. Seems like things Always take longer than they should.
            If you have noticeable voids on the inside of the transom shell, using a straight edge, you should fill those or it will always be a void there..
            Best way I found to do that was Fiberlay's Fiberfiller. You can get that in quarts, mixes up just like the resin does but due to the thickness of it, I won't mix more than a 8oz pot at a time. takes longer for it to cure so be ready for that if your going that way.
            Then the first thing down before any plywood would be your fiberglass Mat. . You need to get that as flat as you can so when you put your first transom piece in up against that, you know its Flat and you have full contact.

Helmar, one thing you can count on with me is, "everything" always takes longer than it should (ha ha).

I have a new gallon of Fiberlay Fiberfiller and a qt. of Fiberglast polyester fairing compound left over from a gelcoat repair. Which do you think would work best?

I am concerned about the "residue" that's left on the fiberglass shell. It mainly consists of, old hardened resin, CSM and plywood, in some places its kind of thick. I'm hoping that I can put a scraper blade on the oscillating tool and remove most of it with that. If not, there's always the grinder. Whats more of a problem is, being able to get to it. The splashwell is in the way. I thought I might be able to work around it, but after working on it first hand, I don't think so. Where would you recommend as the best place to cut it to remove it for better access? I think that cutting and removing it will probably be the next step. Then clean, grind and fair the transom shell. Before cutting the splashwell do you think it would be advisable to drill screw holes between the topcap flange and hull flange, for proper alignment and re-installation purposes? I also intend to use the Fiberlay Fiberfiller for fillets around the new plywood, both pieces.

Another question I have is: If you look at the pictures in my post, 2nd from the left in the top row. It shows the transom from the outside. There are two large cracks (it's the original damage). I know that they have to be repaired, do I repair them before I install the CSM and plywood, or after? I was intending to repair them after I installed the new plywood. I need to cut one of them out (the whole crack area, maybe 5'' x 5'') and send it to fiberlay for color matching to mix new gelcoat. In other words, I'm going to cut out about a 5'' x 5'' square in the transom where one of the cracks are. I thought it might be easier to repair the fiberglass once the plywood was in place and used as backing??? What's your thoughts?

I hope that I'm not being to much of a pain. I looked at the pictures of your Bell Boy restoration, Totally Awesome!!! I saved a lot of them to use as ideas on my boat

Thanks for any advice you might give.

Comment

Here's a good guy to subscribe to on YouTube
              to also help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by pats View Post
                Hi Helmar,

Thanks for the reply.

you wrote:

Best way I found to do that was Fiberlay's Fiberfiller. You can get that in quarts, mixes up just like the resin does but due to the thickness of it, I won't mix more than a 8oz pot at a time. takes longer for it to cure so be ready for that if your going that way.

Helmar, one thing you can count on with me is, "everything" always takes longer than it should (ha ha).

I have a new gallon of Fiberlay Fiberfiller and a qt. of Fiberglast polyester fairing compound left over from a gelcoat repair. Which do you think would work best?

I am concerned about the "residue" that's left on the fiberglass shell. It mainly consists of, old hardened resin, CSM and plywood, in some places its kind of thick. I'm hoping that I can put a scraper blade on the oscillating tool and remove most of it with that. If not, there's always the grinder. Whats more of a problem is, being able to get to it. The splashwell is in the way. I thought I might be able to work around it, but after working on it first hand, I don't think so. Where would you recommend as the best place to cut it to remove it for better access? I think that cutting and removing it will probably be the next step. Then clean, grind and fair the transom shell. Before cutting the splashwell do you think it would be advisable to drill screw holes between the topcap flange and hull flange, for proper alignment and re-installation purposes? I also intend to use the Fiberlay Fiberfiller for fillets around the new plywood, both pieces.

Another question I have is: If you look at the pictures in my post, 2nd from the left in the top row. It shows the transom from the outside. There are two large cracks (it's the original damage). I know that they have to be repaired, do I repair them before I install the CSM and plywood, or after? I was intending to repair them after I installed the new plywood. I need to cut one of them out (the whole crack area, maybe 5'' x 5'') and send it to fiberlay for color matching to mix new gelcoat. In other words, I'm going to cut out about a 5'' x 5'' square in the transom where one of the cracks are. I thought it might be easier to repair the fiberglass once the plywood was in place and used as backing??? What's your thoughts?

I hope that I'm not being to much of a pain. I looked at the pictures of your Bell Boy restoration, Totally Awesome!!! I saved a lot of them to use as ideas on my boat

Thanks for any advice you might give.

Well, the residue needs to come off I would say. The rule of thumb is that you need at least 75% adhesion onto Cleaned old fiberglass. I normally will go for 100% when I can.. I have never had one of those newer Dorsetts down but from what I can see in the pictures the hull and top seam is under the rub rail.. If it was me, I would go forward looking up under the gunnel and loo just ahead of the splashwell until you come the first spot you can see Every Inch of were the cut would be underneath. You need to be able to see it as your going to have to use some wax paper and a flat bar, stick on the top of the gunnel to make sure its dead on Flat, Even if you have to put some screw holes in it to hold everything in place. Then with some glass mat pieces, up underneath fiberglass the mat as a Patch on the underside. Make sure its been touched up so have at least 75% fresh fiberglass to Glass the patch too.
                Patch that whole cut line from the underside. Once cured, then you can remove the line up flat bar or stick, then far the cut open, cut some small cuttings of the matt and once Glassing up the top side, stuff as much matt cuttings into the cut line....I hope I made sense here..Hard to draw a picture with words. I will attach a couple of photos showing how I do that on the early models.

Fixing the cracks that are in the transoms fiberglass I think should be done during the first layer of the lay up building up the transom.
                WHat I would do is get it sanded so you have at least that 75% clean fresh fiberglass, fill any voids you can, which depending on any warpage
                I wish I could see more and like Zoom in and out at different angles.
                Lets say you get cleaned, get your fiberglass Mat cut and ready, have your first transom layup piece ready, Cover the holes in the transom with gorilla tape, (Just don't leave it on forever) I would go with a 10oz pot. Then using a block with wax paper under it against the cracks in the transom and screw that block right though the transoms fiberglass into the first layer of transom build up plywood..

I am used to working with the Skagits and there transoms are not flat across like the Bell Boys. I build a solid brace just about in front of the splash well, use cribbing and I have 6 junk yard foreign car scissors jacks that I use. ( got those out of wrecked cars in one of those You Pull It wrecking yards). I do a dry run making sure all I have to do is turn the handles on the jacks, have the right amount of cribbing in place so I can press the plywood into place and flat up against transom fiberglass..

So in order to finish answering your question about the cracks, I would make that all happen during the first layup.

The next piece to laminate, just remember, the transom is at a angle so the next one will be a Tince deeper. I think its something like adding 1/4 of a inch to the bottom and top but Check it to make sure!

Hope this helps and sorry it took so long to get you a answer but I have been more that busy here in my shop.
                Helmar

outsidecut.jpgRemove.jpg
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
                  Here's a good guy to subscribe to on YouTube
                  to also help you out.
                  Uh, Better do your homework on what this guy is telling you. Epoxy resin on Fiberglass for structor, uh, no... And why the hell did he cut the Back of it off. Did he not check it before he started cutting things apart I wonder.. Can't bend a 3/4 or 2" piece of plywood, well, use the smaller pieces 1/2" and build it up.. Sorry, I hope I never get one of his jobs in my place. He might be ok other things...
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post

Uh, Better do your homework on what this guy is telling you. Epoxy resin on Fiberglass for structor, uh, no... And why the hell did he cut the Back of it off. Did he not check it before he started cutting things apart I wonder.. Can't bend a 3/4 or 2" piece of plywood, well, use the smaller pieces 1/2" and build it up.. Sorry, I hope I never get one of his jobs in my place. He might be ok other things...
                    Everyone scratches their itch a little differently for sure. Not trying to steer anyone in the wrong direction intentionally, I just use YouTube a lot for help and this guy appeared to know what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post

Everyone scratches their itch a little differently for sure. Not trying to steer anyone in the wrong direction intentionally, I just use YouTube a lot for help and this guy appeared to know what he's doing.
                      Sorry, didn't mean for it to come out like a bad thing but there are more than one way to fix things. Opinions are like arm pits, we all have them. If we are not sure about something, Ask for a opinion. Once you get several opinions, then you can form your own and what works for you.

Just because I do things the way I do, does Not make them the right way at all. I know what the outcome is going to be with my process's so I voice my opinion on how I do things. Hell, we are all still learning with the new products that come out.

I have found Tons of stuff on youtube and I will look at them all on a certain subject just to see what works for me. I Highly suggest that.
                      Helmar

Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Helmar

Thanks for your reply. I think you just saved me from making a big mistake…………….

I’m in Logan, NM working on my boat again. Just before leaving home Monday morning I checked my email and saw your post, including the pictures. I’m not sure why, but for some reason I had it in my mind that I was going to cut across the splashwell , about 18’’ to 24’’ back from the transom. After reading your post, and then re-reading it, I started to understand what you were telling me. Instead of cutting across 4’ of splashwell, all I had to do was cut across the narrow piece of topcap at the top of the gunnels, just in front of the splashwell. Simple as that, much easier than what I had in mind. Sometimes I tend to over-think things and develop tunnel vision. So, that’s the plan now, and I’m working towards it as we speak. However, there is one more option I’m going to try. I read a post that showed the back end of the topcap near the transom, being jacked up with a floor jack. It seemed like it worked. It’s not much more work to give a try before I start cutting
                        I’m making slow progress because last night before going to bed, I discovered the bathroom floor was soaking wet. So I spent part of the day fixing plumbing. The rest of the day I spent removing the rubrail, and uncapping about 3’ more on each side of the boat. The bolts holding the rubrail on were very stubborn and took a lot of time to remove. I am taking a lot of pictures and will post them when I have a better connection. Thanks again for you help!

Comment

I don't have time to write a lot. The new plywood transom only has to go high enough to support the tie down rings. that will make it a little smaller. You might get away with cutting away the part of the splash well that directly covers the transom and repairing it later. There has to be enough slack space during assembly to keep from pushing your adhesive off. You need to cover the front and top of the new transom with at least one layer of mat I prefer two to keep it sealed. I have used a ridgepole and 6mil plastic to produce a shelter. an electric blanket might help with the cold floor. Prepare the cracks in the transom don't do the repair until new wood is in. You don't need to cut out a big section there is no load there. Vee the cracks 7 to ten x the thickness. use 16 grit or an 8'" skill saw you want it rough. Be safe!!! I don't recommend removing the stringers now. Make a temporary bulkhead just ahead of where you cut the floor so you can use the boat next summer. Next winter you can rip the whole interior out. You'll have more experience by then. Its all ways embarrassed me that they built these boats in less than six days and it takes me two years to repair one? You might look through my posts too .

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply............sorry about taking so long, I'm
                            in a small town in NM that barely has internet connections. I found a
                            connection near where I'm staying, but its weak. It seems almost like
                            its coming in as a reflection, sometimes it's there,,,,. sometimes it's
                            not. Sending pictures can take awhile, but it is what it is.

I have thought about cutting away the part of the fiberglass that covers the
                            top edge of the transom. I am going to wait on that until I know whether
                            or not I can jack up the splashwell enough to get at the transom. I
                            should know later today, I ran out of time yesterday.
                            Was it your post, that showed the topcap being jacked up?
                            I have been looking for that post again, but can't find it.

I also have to repair an area in the fiberglass shell (original damage) where the motor
                            mounts were. I'll include some pics, I want to cut these areas out and
                            repair them with mat & cloth. I will send part of the material I cut out
                            to Fiberlay to color match for Gelcoat. I've marked around the areas I
                            want to cut out in black. Is this do-able, is it advisable? Or is there
                            a better plan?

I've been trying to send this all day, but the signal was to wispy. It's almost dark and I' trying again, hope it posts.........

Comment

Originally posted by pats View Post
                              Helmar

Thanks for your reply. I think you just saved me from making a big mistake…………….

I’m in Logan, NM working on my boat again. Just before leaving home Monday morning I checked my email and saw your post, including the pictures. I’m not sure why, but for some reason I had it in my mind that I was going to cut across the splashwell , about 18’’ to 24’’ back from the transom. After reading your post, and then re-reading it, I started to understand what you were telling me. Instead of cutting across 4’ of splashwell, all I had to do was cut across the narrow piece of topcap at the top of the gunnels, just in front of the splashwell. Simple as that, much easier than what I had in mind. Sometimes I tend to over-think things and develop tunnel vision. So, that’s the plan now, and I’m working towards it as we speak. However, there is one more option I’m going to try. I read a post that showed the back end of the topcap near the transom, being jacked up with a floor jack. It seemed like it worked. It’s not much more work to give a try before I start cutting
                              I’m making slow progress because last night before going to bed, I discovered the bathroom floor was soaking wet. So I spent part of the day fixing plumbing. The rest of the day I spent removing the rubrail, and uncapping about 3’ more on each side of the boat. The bolts holding the rubrail on were very stubborn and took a lot of time to remove. I am taking a lot of pictures and will post them when I have a better connection. Thanks again for you help!
                              Seems like things Always take longer than expected. Its hard to be on both sides of the nut and bolt some times. I end up using vice grips on the nut side but that done not always work either. Sounds like your still moving forward.
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                              X