1958 Skagit Express

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Skagit Express

This is the next project in line. The work I have to do on this one can be done in front of the shop with a costco tent over it.
    I lost my buyer on this boat so she will be up for sale to the right person. She needs to go to a Good home for sure. Lots of extensive work has been done on this boat. All the glass has been replaced and well, just looks good cleaned up and ready to fish.

The only issue is when she was repowered, too small of a motor was added due to a good deal. Not all Good Deals work out.

She has a new wood floor over a foamed hull. Saddle tanks have been removed as flotation foam has replaced side saddle tanks. Tanks are now foot rests. Not sure of there size as I have not taken a measurement of them.

The transom, Bulkheads and Floor has been replaced so my finish work will be the glass seams on the sides as well as glass cloth on the floor.

I will go to the three outboard stores in this area and find out what it will cost for a possible trade in 90 to 110 4 stroke motor and controls for her as well as the cost of new.
    The selling cost will be according to the power plant added to her.

This was built by an engineer and I can see it has been done right. She was built to Last !!!. Its hard to impress me but I am impressed on this restoration. All the structure has been done right and like I said, built to last !

I can say, this will outlast pretty much any of the new construction boats that I have looked over at the boat shows.

More pictures will follow as I progress on her.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

That almost looks like the Claret red/burgundy that I bought for my boat. Curious what paint the p.o. put on it...
    Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Working...
    X