Bell Boy Bandit or?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell Boy Bandit or?

Can't find any data on this boat, but I grew up with a similar boat, which is similar to a Rayson-Craft, but boat is titled as a 1965 Bell Boy Bandit, and has what appears to be a good sequential number, that I have yety to find enscribed on the boat anywhere; no actual data plate on boat. Where should it be? Only a dash emblum that is crusty and says , none other than, "Bandit" ..
    WW
    Attached Files

Here is boat on trailer. Actual boat measures 14'3", 71" beam, 15 1/2" transom. Last data I can find on Bell Boy is 1962, where the Bandit was 13'10", could they have lengthened the boat a tad a few years later? I know Sabrecraft took them over, moved to Tacoma, dropped some models, it's kind of vague.. Strange on this runabout model it did not list a max horsepower. The guy said this was a 125 Merc, but serial numbers out to a 1964, 85hp short shaft, original motor on the boat. Boat was repainted, originally was sort of a gold-ish color. It's in my yard now, so my project..
    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe a Sabrecraft Fury ??

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library...raftb60003.jpg

Portland CL had more pictures..don't know how the posting will stay up

http://portland.craigslist.org/yam/boa/2701361682.html
      Bruce H. Drake
      1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
      1957 Norseman 19' woodie
      1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
      1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Don't need any more pics of he boat itself, boat is in my yard now. Well, the boat does measure closer to the Fury specs than the Bandit, but not k nowing if the boat is an actual 65 as the title says. Title does say Bell Boy, the only thing I find on the boat is that Bandit metal name which could be original, or not. Still, being how it's a similar boat from my youth, I'm going to try and do some high speed runs thru my second childhood..
        P.S. Wife just found it, raised eyebrows, I'm sure there will be some comments shortly..
        WW

Comment

Working...
        X