big dorsett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big dorsett

I pretty much have every glassic logged within 100 miles , I have not checked on this one for awhile, if someone would like pictures, I can go check on it again. its a big dorsett, it has an inboard 302 that set's midship, next to the cabin bulkhead, its "bi-level" you step up to almost a flybridge but the steering is in right cabin bulk head, it has what I believe an orginal kicker bracket on the back, with a two stroke outboard still attached(Can not remember the brand) I talked to the owner a few years back, and he was in the late 70's then, but I know the family, it was under a shed. I was thinking a "san Juan" but I am not sure she looks to be 20 feet plus. I know there are alot of Dorsett "fanatics" in the club, I have a catalina. I would like to pass this one on, and I think I could git it done for someone who is serious, and I do not mind putting in some time into it.

followup

I found a picture of bham-rick's San Juan this puppy is much bigger than that

Comment

Probably a Dorsett Farallon. I think they are 21 ft. ChuckC might need another one. :GoodJob:
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

followup

I traveled about 30 miles today, to recheck the boat. OMG. this is why we save boats. Mr. Silva must of passed on the area use to be secure the homeless and gang bangers have taken over and have tried to destroy everything including burning to outbuildings and jumping on the boat hardtop till it broke.
        [ATTACH]11940.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11941.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11942.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11943.vB[/ATTACH]

my records indicate I found the boat 7 years ago, I should have done more
        Attached Files

Comment

Man, That's really sad !

Comment

An organized mind is merely an obsessive attempt to deny entropy. :Raining:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGk7Io4chO8&feature=related"]Sons Of The Pioneers Tumbling Tumbleweed - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

s

i hope all my tears do not short out my keyboard!
              1963 Fiber Form Cuddy***
              1960 Hi Laker 15'**
              1957 Skagit 20 express*
              1955 uniflight 16' sportboat*
              *= previous completed projects
              **=finished and still using
              ***= in progress

Comment

Sad. One for the bin I'm afraid.
                John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                Past Affairs:
                '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

making lemonade...

two words - CHOP TOP!!!CutUp1:boater1:

Comment

chop top

Might make a nice center console with a leaning post however my wife would call the rubber truck this time oh well I done worse things

Comment

Working...
                    X