Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Glasspar Del Mar w/trailer $200

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/boa/3124723082.html

For $200 with a good trailer? Looks good in the picture anyway.
    Attached Files
    '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Well I bit the bullet, picture looks better than actual boat. The guy did a good looking job replacing the stringers, but used only chopped mat, which soaks up the resin but provides no strength. NO bulkhead or motor well.. He was just going to use the boat for fishing and a tiller motor, lawn chairs, with a place to get out of the direct rain.
    Hull basicly sound and may buff out ok, but it's the deck lots of cracks, the good news is the windshield is good. Will need a replacement rub rail.
    Trailer is strange, was modified and the boat sits almost 2 feet above the wheels, not sure what the thought was... I'm going to look for a lower trailer so I don't need a orchard ladder to get into.
    SO guess I have a project now.. Wife was ok with it seeing the picture, but not sure now that the back yard has the boat in it...
    WW

Comment

Congratulations?
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Thanks. I really was holding out for a Catalina, my favorite of all boats ever made, but wife has a rather tight rein on the purse strings.
        Sooo this is My first happiest day of a boat owners life in quite a while. Boat has been dry for 5 years, and last night it rained... Well heavy dew.. About an inch inside..
        So been looking around for actual pictures of one of these, I know someone has one, but the boats in the gallery are not listed by boat but by owner. Any short cuts to find specific pictures?
        WW

Comment

Well a neighbors tree branch fell on the boat, did some damage, so he gave me $200, but I'm just not going to fix the boat any longer, just too much bad.. So anyone want the front window?

Comment

Working...
          X