Glastron Seaflite Seville Cruiser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glastron Seaflite Seville Cruiser

Don't see these very often. Very :cool1: boat. It's listed as a fishing/crab boat. Lots of dried on fish guts for you Chuck.

http://skagit.craigslist.org/boa/3729040534.html
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

That is by far the ugliest boat I've ever seen. I want it!

Comment

Dang! Nice looking example, but who would want it?
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

The resort we went to as kids had a version of this boat with no cabin. It was called "The Frog"

Comment

Perhaps a little too much.

Boat is awesome! Has a grace and style no present in the current crop of one like another boats.

Too bad my barn is full.
          Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
          16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
          17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Comments like the last one are bad for the sport/hobby. This is a nicely preserved version that I would love to have involved with the group. While early Glastrons and their many splashed copies, are ungainly-almost appearing broken. They were designed to take advantage of the possibilities allowed by the "space age" materials, rather than just recreating traditional wood boats.

Seeing the original design drawings, and reading of its automotive and aeronautic inspirations. One can easily picture this beast coming together in a small garage, with no ability to stand back and really view from all angles, before committing to production tooling. Many really cool, underfinanced boats were created during the Wild West late 50's. I hope that an appreciative owner is found for this beauty.

But then again, I could be biased...we own two under-appreciated Glastron designs, a 1960 Bayflite 18' cruisette, and 1961 Fireflite 15', penned and created before uniformity in design took over the industry. See you out there guys.

Greg

Comment

The previous post is an eye-opener for me.

I have not been a member of the club for long, so I don't know which opinions are allowed and which aren't. It will take a little time for me to get with it.

Sorry about that.

:Police1:
              Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
              16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
              17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Right on Dave,

I appreciate the spirit and knowledge you have contributed to the forum. With civil discourse online- going the way of the polluting 2-stroke, I think it is important for all of us to remember that this site and its content, are searched and consulted by prospective buyers and sellers alike.

Imagine that you are the new proud owner of this boat looking for a place to hang out, or seller looking for information. Both could be put off by too much negativity and not feel welcome.

The worst examples I've seen, are members ridiculing an owners asking price. While I may think they are unreasonable and smoking something, I also secretly hope that they find a willing buyer- by default making my armada more valuable.

Greg

P.S. With that said, i agree with Stan and you, the Seville is goofy looking...(Read; awesome!). Too bad my boat barn is full, or I'd haunt you guys with my awkward looking sweet ride at every gathering.

Comment

Greg, Goofy looking ?....Yes. That it is but it is a show stopper. Think about being out on the waters with that dude coming at you ! I know this is before your time you young Whippersnapper, but when the "VW's " came to our shores in about 1949 or early 1950's people at first would not be seen in them. Remember the movie ? I like that boat, but i'am getting out of boats except for the Skagit 20. Chuck
                  1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                  1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by slo-mo, post: 24897
                    Right on Dave,

P.S. With that said, i agree with Stan and you, the Seville is goofy looking...(Read; awesome!). .
                    Oh, I definitely meant awesome. I saw one of those on the water some time in the 80's and fell in love with it. I would by this one if I could.

Comment

Working...
                    X