Mystery glassic to be auctioned in Everett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery glassic to be auctioned in Everett

My father spotted this little glassic cruiser locked up at the port of Everett. It is set to be auctioned July 19th!

They have no manufacturer info, no hull identification number, not even a year!!

Anybody recognize her?
    [ATTACH]16297[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

I can't make out of its glass or wood. Looks more glass and maybe a little Fin thing going making it in the 50's and looking at the windshield, maybe Late 50's and early 60's?

If that windshield is not with the boat, personally, I see No value in that boat. The rest of the windows can be created easy enough.
    I have better stuff to give away, no bidding necessary.

Does look interesting as looking at the Hull design, that is sure like Skagit, Bell Boy and Uniflite making it from the area.
    I am thinking more in the Sabercraft looking design.......
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Brian-
      Nice find on a RARE Pacific NW classic. Totally blanking on the name but sure of the location of manufacture and a previous owner.
      Originally researched by Bill Roberts, this particular boat was owned by Paul Fritts of Port Orchard from 2004-2007, then sold and disappeared.
      With a little research, think I can find the name of the boat maker(fin on stern makes it very identifiable) and as Joe mentioned looks like many local glass boats (SabreCraft, Bell Boy, Skagit, Reinell early glass) because it was made in the Seattle area.
      I know with certainty that there were only 3-5 made at the site of Houghton Boat Yard in south Kirkland, WA. Only one we've seen, apparently not too many bites made it a non-seller.
      As I remember, this boat needs everything- floor, cabin bulkhead, transom, etc.
      Still, rare, cool looking. I'll get researching....
      BTW, the Houghton Shipyard began before WW II and produced many historically significant boats and vessels, including patrol boats for the war effort.
      bruceb

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb, post: 28701, member: 1409
        Brian-
        Nice find on a RARE Pacific NW classic. Totally blanking on the name but sure of the location of manufacture and a previous owner.
        Originally researched by Bill Roberts, this particular boat was owned by Paul Fritts of Port Orchard from 2004-2007, then sold and disappeared.
        With a little research, think I can find the name of the boat maker(fin on stern makes it very identifiable) and as Joe mentioned looks like many local glass boats (SabreCraft, Bell Boy, Skagit, Reinell early glass) because it was made in the Seattle area.
        I know with certainty that there were only 3-5 made at the site of Houghton Boat Yard in south Kirkland, WA. Only one we've seen, apparently not too many bites made it a non-seller.
        As I remember, this boat needs everything- floor, cabin bulkhead, transom, etc.
        Still, rare, cool looking. I'll get researching....
        BTW, the Houghton Shipyard began before WW II and produced many historically significant boats and vessels, including patrol boats for the war effort.
        bruceb

Comment

Stand corrected, Lake Washington Shipyard. Many ships, including the WSF Kalakala were constructed there. By the time (1961-63) when this cruiser was made, only a portion of the shipyard was remaining, with it functioning as a mixed use "industrial park" as I recall visiting it in 1964-65.
          This maker of boats was so small, no brochures were made, and nothing available on web searches....

Comment

I sent this to Marty to look at and his take on it was when Tolly Craft went from Wood to Glass.
            Never the less we have a few that might make it out and Bill Roberts would be one, if anyone for sure.
            It has a interesting design for sure. Still. reproducing that windshield would be pretty rough....

Good to see you stop by Bruce
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
            X