Free 1959 Skagit 20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free 1959 Skagit 20

I just went and looked at a '59 Skagit 20 that a guy wants to give away! Surprised by the fact that I didn't get it? Me too! Definitely a project but the hull itself is in good shape and originally red. The trailer, not so much. He does have a fork lift and willing to help load it onto a flatbed or other trailer.
    Message me for details and contact info. Located in Puyallup Washington .

Its not so far gone it can't come back. I have never been 100% sure and could be at that forgetful age but I was thinking that the Helm window on these were 56 for pickup trucks. That is a biggy. Loosing the helm windows or doing like Chuck Carey did and that was pull the framework and do something sporty.
    Having it a I/O means you can find a Doner boat that use the engine and OMC outdrive.
    What I have found is a lot of the older tri hull's people would end up going trough the engine and outdrive before the insides of the boat goes to crap. Once the seats go, then they set.
    Makes for good donors upgrading and you can go 4 banger or 6 banger which the old Iron Duke 4 banger does just fine.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I found a few guys that can make any window so that shouldn't be a problem. This boat would clean up easily in a few short hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
        I found a few guys that can make any window so that shouldn't be a problem. This boat would clean up easily in a few short hours.
        So far that has been our biggest issues, biggest costs are having the windows done on pretty much Any boat. Right now we have The Plastics Guy in Sacramento that does a Excellent job. When I say Excellent I mean, NO distortion in the tight radius's in the corners.

I think we might need to start another thread and share all of our experiences with windows such as the smaller ones can be done and how we have succeeded with those and the issues with the larger ones..
        What say you
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Sounds good, maybe a sticky thread just for window repair options.

Comment

Working...
          X