Wanted - side mount control for 1980's Evinrude

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - side mount control for 1980's Evinrude

I am looking for a new control box for The Wiz. Last year the guys at Ballard marine said they took it apart and its shot. I'm not really sure what the actual status is of the inside as I have never seen it but basically when I engage it forward there is about 3 inches of movement before I get any throttle up and when I get to the top of the box there isn't any more room to accelerate so I'm not getting the speed I need to plane out of the water. I know there is more there because we have un-hooked the throttle and manually pushed it forward to test it out. Maybe it's just an adjustment but the guys that worked on it said it couldn't be adjusted because something inside was broken...

Needless to say I am on the hunt for one of these.
    Attached Files

Hey Wiz,
    I bet one of the plastic Throttle cams has been roughed up or is missing/broken.
    BRP which now owns OMC has stopped selling pcs of the older boxes and only offer whole ones or newer type.
    I happen to have pcs of the older ones to pillage so we better get together before you sign up for that new box.
    A couple screws in those need loctite or you get sloppy or no movement.
    The great Wall of Closed Viaduct is between us this weekend.....
    TM
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
    X